Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson's in 2014

Levism

So as I made my regular weekly trip to my guitar store. And like usual I ended up talking to an associate who works there that I've become pretty good friends with over the past few months. We were taking about Gibson month upcoming and debating which new guitar we were going to pick up. He (as an employee) was grabbing the melody maker that had finally arrived on the weekend. We were both surprised because it hadn't sold. With his leverage he could pick it up over 36 months, interest free for $10 bi-weekly. How do you go wrong with that!?

As the hours past by he began telling me about n email the store had just received that day from Gibson corporate. He began explain it was new sku's for 2014 .... And the store was to select which models they would like to order. Ahhh haaa. If you actually read this far Maybe now I caught your interest lol. So some I had heard of and some I certainly had not. He showed me some pics of them and (I hope this is not top secret and I now have a bounty on my head)

ES -225 (model has been updated from the 1956)

ES - 339 studio (new colours )

ES - 335 (both studio 1 volume 1 tone)

ES - 390 (amazing looking !!!!! And awesome colours)

ES - Les Paul ( I think it saw pics at namm, WOW!)

There were three more but waaay out of my price range. He believe from his info that they are releasing an affordable ES line that has most of the bells and whistles you get for around j 3500 cnd. Pretty exciting if you are on a bit of a budget after buying 4 Gibson's last year like this guy.

I thought I'd share my findings with you guys if anyone is thinking about a purchase in the very foreseeable future.

Cheers

M

Here's a link the the MLP forum thread on the cheapo 335:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-gibsons/294499-psa-gibson-release-new-less-expensive-es-335-a.html#post6026732

Looks to be very "studioish" with minimal controls and virtually no "bling"

I like the look. Much better than the last studio 335 without the f-holes. This is right up my alley and in my price range. Good job gibson!

I like the look. Much better than the last studio 335 without the f-holes. This is right up my alley and in my price range. Good job gibson!

Yep,, me too.

Ditto the f-hole thingies and +1 on the 2 pups.

Like to see how it feels.

Archived