Gibson Brands Forums

Clichés

Dave F

1983 model the best year for Gibsons =i'm selling because I heard 1985 is the best year for Gibsons

1985 model the best year for Gibsons =i'm selling because I heard 1983 is the best year for Gibsons ... etc etc ......add year as required.

Selling on behalf of a friend =80% chance it's a fake.

I know nothing about guitars =90% chance it's a fake.

Husband just died,i know nothing about guitars =100% FAKE .

Best colour for Gibsons =crappy respray job.

Best colour for Gibsons =nobody likes this colour,including me.

Just had a professional set-up = I fixed the broken bits myself.

Action a little high,but great for blues bends = truss rod f-o-oked.

(Whatever part) is missing but easily replaced for a few £ $ =I've tried for years,can't find one,OR yes they are easy to find but cost $$$$$$ or £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Bought as a Christmas present,but my parents forgot i'm left handed =family of idiots AVOID this guitar.

I've seen guitars like this sell for ££££££££££$$$$$ =nobody buys this type/year/colour/style.

I've seen all this and more ''flannel' on flea bay,could go on and on.......

"This one is all original except for the finish and several replaced braces. The new top is braced just like a 1937 D-18. Several cracks, but they don't go all the way through the wood. It is a bone crushing, banjo killer, with lots of mojo. Action is perfect, so it plays like butta, and has monster tone. Trebles to die for and a deep rumbling bass that you can feel in your chest. Very rare. Call XXX-XXXX"

"This one is all original except for the finish and several replaced braces. The new top is braced just like a 1937 D-18. Several cracks, but they don't go all the way through the wood. It is a bone crushing, banjo killer, with lots of mojo. Action is perfect, so it plays like butta, and has monster tone. Trebles to die for and a deep rumbling bass that you can feel in your chest. Very rare. Call XXX-XXXX"

I think I want this one. How much?

Archived