Gibson Brands Forums

THE GIBSON MEMORY CABLE™

Searcy

Me too! Will never sell any of my Goldtones (I have 4) [blush]

Everyone else quit being Debbie Downers on this Memory Cable. It'll pull my jack out of my guitar..it'll put a strain on my cable... it will cause global warming...blah blah blah. What a bunch of Nancy boys. At least try the damn thing out before you go all negative on the thing [flapper][biggrin]

No Shiz... This is the most delicate bunch of little ladies ever to break a nail. [biggrin]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait till 20 years from now when we'll be able to do a memory dump from our brain directly into a recording device. Mark my words the BRAINABLE will become reality. Of course, by then we'll be able to purchase items just by thinking about them too. It would be bad to think about buying the BRAINABLE and then writing a song about purchasing the BRAINABLE. The feedback loop would explode your head! [biggrin]

But I digress...

All kidding aside, I can see this as something very valuable to a person who has a specific niche need - and not at all necessary for others.

I'm far from being a Luddite on this sort of thing, but I don't see much reason for me to have one. On the other hand, I can see a reason for a lotta other folks to think it's a great tool in the old toolbox.

Heck, if we all bought gear of good to excellent quality that we might use for something someday, we'd all be in the poorhouse.

On the other hand, if this is a $100 solution to problems that would otherwise cost a lot more money and/or would be a lot less handy... it's a bargain.

m

• 2 weeks later...

So, RevDavidLee, what is your opinion/review on this device?

Dang - drop off here for a couple of days and you have to sign in again (had to look up my password) [blush]

It's about midnight here guys so I'm going to keep this very brief for now. I LOVE IT! It's exceedingly simple to use (I like simple) and sounds great after I get back home and play it back through an amp if I want to further experiment at, or near gigging levels, and also sounds great through the headphones (for after my gal goes to sleep at night). [smile] Picked up a great riff from a friend of mine (Thanks Tim!) and when I got home from his place, I ran it into my Boss looper and recorded it there and then played against myself to experiment even further. I think I've only begun to figure out other applications for this gem and look forward to posting more going forward. Gotta crash boyz - later! [thumbup]

Archived