Gibson Brands Forums

2005 Blues King

Drog

I have just purchased a 2005 Blues King, There is no pickup in the guitar, was this model ever released without? The strap pin looks original and no signs of any electronics that had been installed. I actually like the guitar without a pickup, am more curious. It also looks to have a mahogany back/ sides. The guitar is in mint condition and the neck is awesome. Any info on this guitar would be appreciated.

I have just purchased a 2005 Blues King, There is no pickup in the guitar, was this model ever released without? The strap pin looks original and no signs of any electronics that had been installed. I actually like the guitar without a pickup, am more curious. It also looks to have a mahogany back/ sides. The guitar is in mint condition and the neck is awesome. Any info on this guitar would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure your BK is Sitka/bubinga. Unless it's a custom shop .

Congratulations on the Blues King, Drog!

I feel so privileged to have a guitar named after me, so enjoy it the best you can [wink] [wink] [wink]

B) B) B)

Here is my 2007 odd Bubinga/Sitka with Baggs element p/u:

BluesKing21g_zps1a3f602d.jpg

BluesKing777. B) B) B)

from what I can find, the guitar was mahogany and changed to bubinga in 2006.

My findings are the 2005 is a Bubinga b/s. Lets see who else can address this..............A pic will tell a whole new story to this.......

Congratulations on the Blues King, Drog!

I feel so privileged to have a guitar named after me, so enjoy it the best you can [wink] [wink] [wink]

B) B) B)

Here is my 2007 odd Bubinga/Sitka with Baggs element p/u:

BluesKing21g_zps1a3f602d.jpg

BluesKing777. B) B) B)

Man, that's a beauty!!!!!

I think the Blues king is a L00 is it not? decal on the headstock with a funny looking crown below it? a decent little guitar..

The newer versions of the Blues King have a shallower body than the originals and the mid-1990s L-00 "Blues King."

Archived