Gibson Brands Forums

NBD!

BobF_

Well, after a year my Studio VM is gone. Sounded too much like my Custom and I have enough other guitars already anyway :) Everything I could think of for modding the Studio would result in duplication. I know we don't normally celebrate the _departure_ of Gibsons, but ...

I got back in trade what I paid for it, plus considerable sales tax savings (because it's a trade) at my semi-quasi local music store towards other things I'm GASing for. Among those things are this really nifty bass - no more bass lines on a keyboard for me! :)

screenshot.png

I've thumped along with a few things already. I had no idea that jamming along with a bass could be so much fun. Hopeful this will help with my rhythm skills too :)

I also have a Graphite 49 keyboard-controller and an AT2035 mic on the way.

I had no idea that jamming along with a bass could be so much fun. Hopeful this will help with my rhythm skills too :)

Nice score Bob.

They are fun. I kinda got forced into playing one for a year or so when we had to remove our alcoholic bass player(nice guy but the booze was not helping the band) and I took over the bass. I missed the guitar but found the bass to be really fun.

Funny how nobody seems to care about the bass until it's removed from the song.

A good bass line will make or break a song.

I think every guitar player should have at least one bass.

I think every guitar player should have at least one bass.

Words of wisdom. Absolutely necessary in case of occasional gig opportunity and for recording. For me it has to be a long-scale 4-string. Great to play.

And - it is said the 1st time Led Zeppelin met Elvis they walked into his living room and he was sitting playing a Fender bass.

Words of wisdom. Absolutely necessary in case of occasional gig opportunity and for recording. For me it has to be a long-scale 4-string. Great to play.

And - it is said the 1st time Led Zeppelin met Elvis they walked into his living room and he was sitting playing a Fender bass.

I think that was the Beatles

Archived