Gibson Brands Forums

rodrigo y Gabriella

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

Just had the Royal Albert hall about as lively as I've ever seen it and I've been there around 100 times. Absolutely brilliant night. Never seen them live before but I now realise that Gabriella is the real talent. They had a Flamenco man come out as a guest, didn't catch his name but my god, he knew what he was doing too!

Cool.. I saw them a few years back, I think at Brixton... Such a great gig.

And yes Gabriella is amazing isn't she... I wonder what sort of toll that style of playing will have on her hands and wrists if any.

I felt sorry for her poor guitar.

She was whacking the bejeezus out of it for 90 mins.

Nah, only kidding. About the feeling sorry for it bit anyhow.

Great gig. Cheers, Farns!

[thumbup]

P.

I agree that Gabriella has great talent. I've not watched any of their live performances in person but from youtube it seems that they both work really well together. I think I read somewhere that they used to busk playing metallica songs before they became famous. I know they've done a gig with the metallica bass player in the past which was fun to watch

I saw them play in a studio in Los Angeles. They have chops but I found the music, and the guy, to be pretty cheesy. (I'm not a Metallica fan.) I was told they live in Dublin. Hopefully they make a decent living with their music - the audience was into it.

I've seen them live 2x here in San Antonio. They are great entertainers - for those who can really appreciate a new type of music. Not flamenco, classical, rock. Guitar Center had a special on them a few months ago. They are classically trained, migrated to heavy metal, then decided to go to Ireland to find themselves and their music. Realized, in busquing, two nylon string guitars didn't grab the audience. They needed some kind of percussion. So, Gabriella developed the slap and tickle style that sets them apart. But without Rodrigo's lead guitar - there would be no world tours and albums. Yes - their music is 'not for everyone'. But I've yet to find any type of music that is.

Archived