Gibson Brands Forums

NTD!

Ryan H

New Tool(s) Day!

Ordered a bunch of tools from Stewmac on Sunday. Memorial Day came, so I had to wait for Tuesday for my order to ship. It arrived at my doorstep this morning.

Here's the haul:

OIpdht7.png

Fret slotting saw with adjustable depth stop

Deadblow fretting hammer

Fret cutters

6 feet of Stewmac's Medium/Higher fretwire

12" radius sanding block

7/32" router bit for Hot Rod truss rods.

-Ryan

(P.S. This is not a redo of my build thread. Not taking that chance.)

Nice...

Id like one of these fret crowning files (never thought id hear myself saying that ;)).. man they are expensive but I think it looks like it would do a great job

Offset_Diamond_Fret_File_sm_zps084f5f64.jpg

Nice...

Id like one of these fret crowning files (never thought id hear myself saying that ;)).. man they are expensive but I think it looks like it would do a great job

Hello!

Check this out: http://crimsonguitars.com/shop/Essential-fret-leveling-and-dressing-tool-kit. Especially, the fret levelling file!!! It's a very clever tool! It can used to crown frets as well in a comfortable way. See the video below.

I wanted to buy this kit, - unfortunately - they didn't reply to my mail... [unsure]

Cheers... Bence

Hello!

Check this out: http://crimsonguitars.com/shop/Essential-fret-leveling-and-dressing-tool-kit. Especially, the fret levelling file!!! It's a very clever tool! It can used to crown frets as well in a comfortable way. See the video below.

I wanted to buy this kit, - unfortunately - they didn't reply to my mail... [unsure]

Cheers... Bence

Hey man... and yes I have watched a lot of Crimson guitars videos... Hes pretty good but sort of annoys me a bit (maybe cos my ex is south African :))....

His tools look good but are way expensive...

They are great. I love mine. You can get by with one for most everything too since it has different widths on each end - except perhaps super tiny or giant frets.

Archived