Gibson Brands Forums

SJ-200 Pickguard

jchabalk

I've been looking around for one of these off and on for a few years, i figured i'd ask.

(this is a saturday morning coffee project and not of any dire consequence obviously [thumbup] )

My SJ-200 has a plain dark-tortoise looking plastic pickguard with a white/black/white binding along the outer edge. It's great but I want one of the more standard ones.

I had my guitar back in montana a few years back for warranty work and asked them to swap it but they forgot to.

My guitar is an SJ-200 Koa (Custom Shop), it was a warranty replacement guitar for another i had that didn't make it.

does anyone know how to get one or (or someone who makes authentic reproductions)? I keep looking and coming up dry.

Looking for one in this style, sort of the TV version with the outline engraved into it and the plastic dots.

lg_AC20TVSGH.jpg

or the one they used on the 1938 reissue would be awesome

avzhzty8vih5tkuznark.jpg

Here's my guitar, it's a little dark in this picture but you get the idea..

SJ200KoaTop.jpg

thanks zombi, i'd actually emailed them a couple of years back about it and it kind of went off into the ether. i followed-up once but didn't push it. i might explore it with Gibson and see where i get.

Try Fuller's. They stock the hummingbird pickguard like comes on the TV model. I do not like the mock tortise pickguard on a bird.

I looked long and hard for one of the TV guards. Fuller's was the only place I could find one. They may have they SJ200 equivelant

Archived