Gibson Brands Forums

This is the type of AGF posting that just cracks me up!!!

onewilyfool

I loved the dripping sarcasm... 'This thread is not quite as bad as the one "Which latch on your guitar case excites you the most?" '

That is HILARIOUS…..sounds like something you would find on AGF…please tell me that wasn't a real posting!!!???

Well... I don't have the music in me lately. Every time I pick up a guitar I feel like I am just hitting the same chords and patterns. The guitars are making the same sounds over and over again. They are mockingbirds.

And they are mocking me.

I hear ya sal.

The ruts

1401680518[/url]' post='1526294']

That is HILARIOUS…..sounds like something you would find on AGF…please tell me that wasn't a real posting!!!???

I'm sure it was not a real AGF thread. But it got me to thinking about the tingle I get up my leg when I open my Super Jumbo case and realize there is an extra latch on the back side of the lower bout.

I once had a plectrum which was a back fin of. Triceratops (EDIT a Stegasaurus)

I called it Vera

I can accordingly associate myself with the post on the AGF

I will call my Esteban Tiger

It makes a similar whining noise whist in heat

In short what a load of tosh!!

Sir Johnt: I can't believe it but they (ie.the powers to be)excised my reply to your most

sagacious forgoing observation and I didn't even use the word tosh. All I said was that in my opinion, the genius who started this whole discussion has Van Gogh's ear for music.Further more, onions make me sad and a lot of people don't realize that- Moose

I once had a plectrum which was a back fin of. Triceratops (EDIT a Stegasaurus)

I called it Vera

I can accordingly associate myself with the post on the AGF

I will call my Esteban Tiger

It makes a similar whining noise whist in heat

In short what a load of tosh!!

Sir Johnt and et all: Please press Report button on lower left of this page and then press View New Content on upper right corner of next page Moose

Sal, I hear where you're coming from. And like others, I've been there and done that many times. And your "mockingbird" comment is pretty funny.

What I've learned to do, and it took years for it to finally sink-in and for me to have one of those "Doh!" moments, is instead of just playing chords, I mix-in the scales too. Instead of the chords, I'll play the notes instead. That also makes it easy for me to find the melody up and down the neck. I'm not a real good picker, but I know some who are very, very good. I watch them a lot. Not the shredders who make electronic noises, but the pickers who make guitar noises. I also play chords all around the neck and play some scales from those positions. Of course, none of this stuff I'm saying is rocket science. It's all pretty elementary guitar stuff that you're likely familiar with. If it was more than that I wouldn't be doing it. Anyway, just keep playing. Some days are diamonds. Some days are stones.

I loved the dripping sarcasm... 'This thread is not quite as bad as the one "Which latch on your guitar case excites you the most?" '

Guess it would be the one with the lock if it was closed and I had forgotten the key. [scared]

[lol]

C'mon, I have seen just as ridiculous descriptions of guitars here such as a Gibson is like the women you meet in a smoky bar while a Martin is like a girl you meet at the meeting of the local poetry club. It all comes down to some image we embrace whether it reflects something real or is a fig newton of our imagination.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived