Gibson Brands Forums

This is the type of AGF posting that just cracks me up!!!

onewilyfool

"If your acoustic guitar was animal, which one would it be, and why?"….LOL!…..You'v GOT to be kidding me? Amazingly, this one has garnered two pages of responses…..The thoughts come to me.."Get a life", "This HAS to be a joke??!!" and others I can't put down in this forum…..lol

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343516

"If your acoustic guitar was animal, which one would it be, and why?"….LOL!…..You'v GOT to be kidding me? Amazingly, this one has garnered two pages of responses…..The thoughts come to me.."Get a life", "This HAS to be a joke??!!" and others I can't put down in this forum…..lol

LOL that was exactly my thoughts when I read it

Hi Wiley

In the case of the person who thought that discussion up, the wheels were going around but the the hamster was dead.

respectfully submitted'

Moose

The AGF, I suspect, has a large number of young (maybe young teens) members who ask these interesting questions. Fortunately, there are also some wise and mature folks who frequent the place. I admit that The AGF has some interesting topics/discussions. It was there that I first met the folks who had been buying Gibsons for 30 years and never found a good one, the folks who claimed their Taylors were actually exploding because of thin tops, and countless folks with questions about "tell me what kind of guitar I should buy-is best for folk music-sounds most like a J45-has the Martin sound but cost less than $300-will work best with a Tone Rite." The AGF is good for the proverbial "laugh" every-now-and-then, but that's because they don't have all the wisdom and maturity that exists in this forum where we deal only with the serious topics......And for those who are interested, my guitars and other musical instruments cover a broad spectrum of the animal kingdom. All the way from T-Rex to the tiny Hummingbird. [thumbup]

I remember one that asked…"What motorcycle best represents the guitar brand?" type of question…lol….that one was funny……I think Gibson got the most "Harley Davidson" answers, Martin was compared to "Honda"….etc. it was actually funny!!

Let's see Whisky???? Gibson would be Jack Daniels…..Lowden would be Jamesons……Martin would be''Old Grand Dad"….lol

Well, sometimes I happen to call guitars or basses special or different animals, but they aren't. They don't breathe, eat, drink or sleep, don't have gender or sex life, and even the sh!t coming out of them finally is just - me [rolleyes][biggrin]

Well, sometimes I happen to call guitars or basses special or different animals, but they aren't. They don't breathe, eat, drink or sleep, don't have gender or sex life, and even the sh!t

As said, I don't see my guitars as animals, but to me they actually both breathe, drink, sleep, wake up and have some sort of gender.

If they eat anything, I guess it must be doe, passion and time. . .

As said, I don't see my guitars as animals, but to me they actually both breathe, drink, sleep, wake up and have some sort of gender.

My guitars have only eaten MONEY!

So, by my figuring (if we're using "drinks" as the criteria), Taylors would be a Roy Rogers or a Shirley Temple. Or maybe 1% Skim Milk. [confused]

Capmaster---that was funny.

What's a Shirley temple ?

Over here a Shirley Bassey gets you a black bush. Figure it out yourself

Hi Wiley

In the case of the person who thought that discussion up, the wheels were going around but the the hamster was dead.

respectfully submitted'

Moose

I once had a plectrum which was a back fin of. Triceratops (EDIT a Stegasaurus)

I called it Vera

I can accordingly associate myself with the post on the AGF

I will call my Esteban Tiger

It makes a similar whining noise whist in heat

In short what a load of tosh!!

blindboy, a Shirley Temple is a kid's non-alcoholic drink....usually 7up or some other lemon-lime type drink, some sweet syrup (I think it's grenadine), and a maraschino cherry. You'll often see them served at weddings... I first heard of "a" Shirley Bassey when I was in Vietnam and I'm pretty sure it came from the Australian troops we worked with there and I figured it out right away. Some things were educational and funny at the same time....Those aussies were tough soldiers too.

My guitars have only eaten MONEY!

That's what was meant by doe. The U G ang H got eaten, , , , by guitar-playing. . .

Well... I don't have the music in me lately. Every time I pick up a guitar I feel like I am just hitting the same chords and patterns. The guitars are making the same sounds over and over again. They are mockingbirds.

And they are mocking me.

Good describtion of a temporary crisis, ThemisSal - you'll get over it.

Hopefully it's only a re-loading phase.

I once had a plectrum which was a back fin of. Triceratops (EDIT a Stegasaurus)

I called it Vera

I can accordingly associate myself with the post on the AGF

I will call my Esteban Tiger

It makes a similar whining noise whist in heat

In short what a load of tosh!!

Sir Johnt

Quoting Billy Wilder, the person who originated this discussion "has Van Gogh's ear for music"

Moose

P.S. Please also keep in mind that if onions make you sad, a lot of people don't realize that

Archived