Gibson Brands Forums

Earl Slick guitar line by Guitar Fetish

Riffster

I remember back when we were Bedrock Amp dealers and it was always Aerosmith and Earl Slick in their ads.......

Well, Jay who created Bedrock also founded Guitar Fetish, so I guess the link stayed.

NHTom

Cheap indeed! I knew he had a line of straps with GFS - which seemed pretty nice for the $ as well.

Slick Straps; I got one, it's plenty good I guess. I was looking for another version of something with a Union Jack British flag on it and his was a little different than what was available out there in the guitar stores so I went with it...

unionjack_iv.jpg

I like GFS products from Guitar Fetish for a few reasons; price point, decent gear, and they are fairly local within my state. I could drive there if need-be...

I've bought a few pedals from them and really like the GFS line of pedals! They are about half the price of other pedals and seem just as well made and sound plenty great!

The "Greenie Classic" is my favorite so far. It's a Tube Screamer based pedal and it has some extra options on it. I also have their Blues Driver and pedal tuner... They all work great!

greenie_2.jpg

I really don't know a thing about this Earl Slick fella, but the one I find distasteful is Mick Mars in full make-up hocking them Earl Slick straps... Eww!

They have been selling Xaviere guitars exclusively thru GFS and they seem like pretty nice axes for the money too"

Xaviere_Banner.jpg

I've also looked at their line of GFS pickups several times and they look pretty good! I think a couple guys on the boards here have them in axes...

That black SL52 has peeked my interest. A swamp ash body with bolt on neck, almost a humbucker tele with my preferred 24.75 inch scale. A different bridge, scale, pickups, and body shape, should provide a unique sound to the swamp ash bolt on combo. No, telling if that unique sound will be desirable. But, it will be definitely different than the mahogany set neck combo usually associated with a les paul shape and scale.

They have been selling Xaviere guitars exclusively thru GFS and they seem like pretty nice axes for the money too"

Plus, they have sales every so often, making the prices hard to pass up. I got a great deal on an XV-900 with really nice flameage, with an equal deal on a tweed case, and the guit plays OK, but.... you can see it didn't get the care put into it that you see in a comparable Epi that's $100 more. And the volume and tone controls must have cost them $1.49. I haven't bought any of their other products, but from what I hear, they're pretty highly regarded.

Archived