Gibson Brands Forums

Ohhh Baby... New Traditional and Standard 120

Rabs

NICE!! Well I like the trad anyway.. the Standard id pass on thanks :)

60s neck

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Flame-Top.aspx

One of a handful of guitars joining Gibson USAs Limited Run 120th Anniversary Celebrations, the Les Paul Traditional Flame Top makes for a timely reminder of what makes the worlds most influential electric guitar such a long-running success. Combining classic tonewoods with vintage-spec pickups and top-notch hardware, this gorgeous guitar adds your choice of three grades of flame maple topLevel 3 (AA), Level 2 (AAA), Level 1 (AAA+)made even more luscious beneath a high-gloss Heritage Cherry finish, to recreate the look of the most desirable Les Pauls ever produced.

Hdcdcdero_zpsc0762eaf.jpg

50s neck

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Standard-120-Light-Flame.aspx

The 2014 Les Paul Standard brings contemporary tones and playability to a legendary template. Now Gibson USA adds commemorative Limited Run features and refined looks to make this superbly versatile guitar central to the 120th Anniversary celebrations. While retaining all the looks of the worlds most desirable electric guitar, the Les Paul Standard Light Flame adds extended voicing through coil-splitting switching, a lighter and more comfortable body, and your choice of a light flame top in three grades of mapleLevel 3 (A+), Level 2 (AA), Level 1 (AAA)all in Honeyburst finish in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.

Hero_zps4d5d6e0a.jpg

Beautiful ! , I like them both, but the Traditional Flame I think I like a bit more.

Interestingly (for the first time I think) they have given an indication as to what to expect from the different grade tops

sxasasxasxax1_zpsf7d71f95.jpg

So these come without factory-mounted pickguard? Would have wished that for my nice AA Traditional 2013, too. :( On the other hand, I like the 50's neck, and my 2013 model was significantly cheaper. :)

The Traditional Light might be the option for those who missed the Custom Light last year. In case one dislikes the mini switch and wants a second tone control, one could switch to using a push/pull pot instead for creating more traditional looks, or two (or three or four) for adding even further versatility. [thumbup]

The 12th fret marker's a deal-breaker for me. Keep it simple and pure.

Otherwise, beautiful guitars indeed.

EE

Wouldn't mind the fret marker but still replace the new strap knobs with Schaller locks.

Finally!

Trad with 60`s neck!

Donny, isn`t that`s what You were asking Gibson for? ;)

'59 pickups, 500K pots too...

...You are lucky in the US. It's priced correctly. Imagine how much it will cost here in Europe. [cursing]

Cheers... Bence

Crikey.

IMO those particular tops and finishes range from 'Meh' to 'Unbelievably Hideous'.

Obviously there will be others in the range whose looks I'd find more attractive but, still, there are more things about those guitars' specs that I don't like than I do like.

Each to his/her own, of course.

P.

Crikey.

IMO those particular tops and finishes range from 'Meh' to 'Unbelievably Hideous'.

Obviously there will be others in the range whose looks I'd find more attractive but, still, there are more things about those guitars' specs that I don't like than I do like.

Each to his/her own, of course.

P.

Those tops ARE funky looking. You'd figure they's have some better looking specimens for the pictures. [scared]

Archived