Gibson Brands Forums

Howlin' Wolf

crust

a '60s Italian something......

Well, I mentioned Eko specifically because they made guitars like this Model 500 3V.

Eko5003v_zps245c1fb0.jpg

and this 700 4v

Eko7004v_zps389b11e7.jpg

But also because I used to buy stuff from a guy called Roberto Brandoni who bought a truckload of necks, bodies and parts from Eko when the Italian factory closed down in the mid 80s. The parts included pearloid covered bodies and necks with overly fancy inlays plus quite a lot of parts for Vox Teadrop shaped guitars which Eko made for Vox at some period. Eko were the largest electric guitar manufacturer in Italy and they would also make guitars for any company who asked with whatever name they wanted on the headstock. Not unlike Chinese companies today. Roberto put a lot of the guitars together and sold them under the Brandoni name.

Well, I mentioned Eko specifically because they made guitars like this Model 500 3V.

Eko5003v_zps245c1fb0.jpg

and this 700 4v

Eko7004v_zps389b11e7.jpg

But also because I used to buy stuff from a guy called Roberto Brandoni who bought a truckload of necks, bodies and parts from Eko when the Italian factory closed down in the mid 80s. The parts included pearloid covered bodies and necks with overly fancy inlays plus quite a lot of parts for Vox Teadrop shaped guitars which Eko made for Vox at some period. Eko were the largest electric guitar manufacturer in Italy and they would also make guitars for any company who asked with whatever name they wanted on the headstock. Not unlike Chinese companies today. Roberto put a lot of the guitars together and sold them under the Brandoni name.

Oh man, those are pretty cool looking. Would love to trip over one in a pawn shop someday.

Archived