Gibson Brands Forums

Takamine's latest tribute to Gibson Guitars....

onewilyfool

Hey Albert John.....that looks like a nice 12er

Thanks OWF. And thanks for giving me an excuse to post a pic. I bought it about 4 months ago when looking for a Gibson 12er. Found an SWD12 for about £1,800 which I really liked. But they had the Tak - 2nd hand, 2 years old, A1 condition. I knew It was mine after the first open G. And 1/4 of the price of the new SWD12. I paid £450 - a bargain.

Like I said it will do me until I pluck up enough courage (and overdraft facility) to get a Gibson - which I will do eventually.

Now all someone has to do is mention Fender Stratocaster and I'll be back with some more pics!

Thanks OWF. And thanks for giving me an excuse to post a pic. I bought it about 4 months ago when looking for a Gibson 12er. Found an SWD12 for about £1' date='800 which I really liked. But they had the Tak - 2nd hand, 2 years old, A1 condition. I knew It was mine after the first open G. And 1/4 of the price of the new SWD12. I paid £450 - a bargain.

Like I said it will do me until I pluck up enough courage (and overdraft facility) to get a Gibson - which I will do eventually.

Now all someone has to do is mention Fender Stratocaster and I'll be back with some more pics![/quote']

Streuth AJ

£1800???????

I might think about flogging you mine!

Serioulsly.....my friend has a Tak Limited Edition....all solid woods' date=' and plugged in, it has a fantastic on board pickup.....Tak, makes some fine guitars for the buck....[/quote']

Mine is a Jap made solid top. Acoustically it's very clean but does lack a bit of bass. I use 10s on it so using some heavier strings I'm sure will improve the sound. I had a Korean maple lam backed cutaway jumbo before now. A stunning looking guitar but very weak in the sound department so I sold it after I bought the SWD.

Plugged in it's great. I've plugged directly into 3 or 4 different PAs and I'm always able to get a fantastic sound from it. Very good indeed through my Marshall as well. I'm very pleased with it.

Streuth AJ

£1800???????

I might think about flogging you mine!

I'll happily do a swop! Seriously, it's not as good as the SWD I played, nor the Taylor we both played in Denmark St, but "a great bang for the buck".

When shall we meet for more window shopping and beer in Denmark St?

Archived