Gibson Brands Forums

"Wicked Game" Instrumental Attempt

tommyb

I love this song, especially the lush guitar work and Chris Isaak's crooning vocal. This is my attempt to at least do the guitar work...not the vocal!

I recorded a backing track using the P93, an Epiphone DR500MCE Acoustic, and a Fender P-Bass on a BOSS RC-3 looping pedal and one of its built-in percussion modes.

The amps are a Roland CUBE 30x, a Roland GA-112 and a Peavey MAX 115 bass amp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6_9vANU3A

I love this song, especially the lush guitar work and Chris Isaak's crooning vocal. This is my attempt to at least do the guitar work...not the vocal!

I recorded a backing track using the P93, an Epiphone DR500MCE Acoustic, and a Fender P-Bass on a BOSS RC-3 looping pedal and one of its built-in percussion modes.

The amps are a Roland CUBE 30x, a Roland GA-112 and a Peavey MAX 115 bass amp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6_9vANU3A

That was great! I do like Chris's video better though :)

It is a great song and your version is nicely done. Lovely tone. Well done.

Thanks! The tone is actually better than the vid indicates. These digital cameras have terrific video quality but the audio not so much.

That was great. Add just a touch more chorus and reverb, just a little and turn down both the bt and the guitar volume, just a little... Man, if I cut my hair and chin whiskers, you are my doppelganger....mellow.gif

You play superbly, put up another vid or 3, that was fantastic.

That was great! I do like Chris's video better though :)

Thanks!

Uh....a big YES on the video. [thumbup]

I agree with both points in this post

Same here. [biggrin][thumbup]

Thanks! The tone is actually better than the vid indicates. These digital cameras have terrific video quality but the audio not so much.

That's understood, no problem so far. :)

Neat Tom, very nice.

I was reading an article about the recording of Wicked Game just the other day. For such an organic sounding track I was surprised to read that it was meticulously pieced together from tape loops of the best bits of the recording session, even the lead guitar and backing vocals. Something about getting the rhythm tracks down on loops and having the timing dead precise seems to help with the hypnotic effect of the song.

That was great. Add just a touch more chorus and reverb, just a little and turn down both the bt and the guitar volumemellow.gif

You play superbly, put up another vid or 3, that was fantastic.

One of my all time favorite songs, and nicely done. I'd agree that it need's a bit of effect to get that "haunting" sound, whether it's chorus and reverb, I'm not sure, but nicely done in any event.

Archived