Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan signatures are rolling out

JuanCarlosVejar

The funny part of all this is that Dylan hasn't been featured in the live mix for years. Every show I've attended or watched on YouTube has shown at least two guitarists louder than Bob in the mix. For years it was Larry Campbell.

This guitar is beautiful but Bob's name on it is just more silliness.

Like zomby quoted, "money doesn't talk, it swears."

Or as I might tell Bob and Gibson: You got a lotta nerve!

I you think of the relationship of Bob & Gibson over the years ... I think a Dylan signature had to come about at some point.

As far as the price due to his fame it was expected to be expensive.

And imho being the owner of two signature models I think the non signed version is priced OK

JC

Why would they use stump wood for an Indian Rosewood body when the wood is still readily available?

Good question. Stump wood is essentially the bottom of the barrel after the usable portion of the tree trunk has been harvested. Granted, it can have interesting grain and color, but is generally a pain in the butt to work with.

Back in the 1970's, I worked with African mahogany when Honduras mahogany became hard to get for a few years, but the convoluted grain made it almost impossible to plane without grain tear-out, even with ultra-sharp tools. That's pretty much what working with stump wood is like. When you think of the tree structure near the root system, you can imagine how interlocked the grain can be.

Nice looking, but I'll pass, I think.

Why would they use stump wood for an Indian Rosewood body when the wood is still readily available?

I think you can order one with just regular rosewood instead of mystic.

I guess they use them for the figure .Could someone tell the sonic difference of a stump wood vs just normal straight indian ?

I'm not really sure.

JC

I don't understand the Bob Dylan connection. If it had been a Nick Lucas model or a J-50, it would make more sense.
Closey followed by a 0028, frequently sighted from the 74 tour through Rolling Thunder. But then again, im sure The Mighty Zim is not particularly interested in being tied to the past. More likely what he wanted now. But Id like to see that natch'l NLS.

Reactions may differ - opinions on the exact model might be open for discussion. Can Dylan still play, , , is he heard in the mix. .

I don't know, but that he IS featured in the biggest mix, is beyond doubt - at least to these ears.

Talkin' 'bout the sound'n'song of the modern world the last 50 years.

So let's celebrate Bob while we still have him around and give the man that 2-guard-200.

He deserves it like no one else. A knight in the one boot and a minstrel in the other as he is -

And perhaps a couple of tunes will bloom out that gray rosette under sunset.

Come write us one with the title Orange, mister T.

Call me a fan-boy, call me sentimental, oh yes - either I'm too sensitive or else I'm gettin' soft - but don't ever call me deaf, , , , or Jones. . .

Reactions may differ - opinions on the exact model might be open for discussion. Can Dylan still play, , , is he heard in the mix. .

I don't know, but that he IS featured in the biggest mix, is beyond doubt - at least to these ears.

Talkin' 'bout the sound'n'song of the modern world the last 50 years.

So let's celebrate Bob while we still have him around and give the man that 2-guard-200.

He deserves it like no one else. A knight in the one boot and a minstrel in the other as he is -

And perhaps a couple of tunes will bloom out that gray rosette under sunset.

Come write us one with the title Orange, mister T.

Call me a fan-boy, call me sentimental, oh yes - either I'm too sensitive or else I'm gettin' soft - but don't you ever call me deaf, , , , or Jones. . .

+1

JC

a western classic 200.. No thanks... rosewood board and bridge just dont do it for me.. the double guard No thanks

I just went on line.. 10.000 list? for the fancy one? 5000.00 for the standard issue? I dont see the value here..

Archived