Gibson Brands Forums

Not too shabby...

surfpup

That'll never get old, I've seen it a few hundred times now! Any group of people in front of and behind that kid drumming has to make something that good. The strings and choral arrangement are Chris Squire worthy. I'da crapped if I had to do that in front of them guys, but man it would be a hoot with that drummer.

rct

I agree a great performance and as you say some added pressure doing it in front of Plant and Page and trying to pay homage to their careers.

At the same time I think it speaks to how well Zepplin performed themselves. In this video I couldn't count them all, but there had to be 50 people on that stage what with the string section, horns, back up singers, two or three acoustics, syth, full choir etc etc.

I saw Zepplin a few times back in the day perform the song pretty well with 4 guys on the stage. Just sayin.

I wonder...

Pressure? Maybe, but that's Ann Wilson. One of the best voices/vocalist ever to do Rock and Roll, and she knows it.

This isn't their first pony ride. They've headlined. Maybe in terms of TV and the significance it's different, but she gives goose bumps on a regular basis.

Big production for sure, but still, I don't think anyone could have predicted how well this performance would end up being.

I think this rates as one of the best performances to be recorded, by anyone at any time in history.

Archived