Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Nathan3157

Nice! [thumbup]

I also just got my Ibanez Artcore AS7312 (12-String) in transparent cherry ... delivered today.

Unfortunately it arrived with a boo-boo tho. :(

Well actually two ... counting a broken string.

It has a bit of a dent in the rear bout, at the top back edge ... that caused a small chip (all the way through the finish) and crushed the back binding in a bit.

Sort of like it took a firm tap on a sharp edge, like a counter top or etc.

Not a comment on the guitar, just the packaging/handling it received.

Actually ... I'm starting to wonder if the guitar gods just don't want me to have a perfect condition 12 string electric. [confused]

As I posted a bit back in the Epi G-1275 thread ... the double neck 1275 (6/12 string) I received about a week ago, had to go back because it also had a (much larger) crack in it. [crying]

Other than the broken string and small dent/chip that my new Ibanez suffered, I'm really impressed with this 12 string version of the Artcore hollow body.

It (and I assume the 6 string too) is a very nice looking, and feeling guitar.

It's certainly hard to find fault in any of the workmanship.

The only thing (other than the aforementioned boo-boos) that I could find after a thorough and close inspection (and this is a nitpick) was a couple or 3 areas on the f holes inside binding's bottom edge, that might clean up better with the few tiny points of flashing sanded/filed off.

Like I said ... no biggie for such a nice instrument, at such a sweet price.

In any case ... enjoy yours Nate!

I know I will mine ..... :)

I had a black AS73. Great guitar ... Beautiful, very well built and sounded great.

Ended up selling it to buy a Dot, for no other reason than my desire to have something closer in looks to a classic 335.

Luckily my Dot is great too. :)

Congrats on your purchase!

FWIW: Nathan ..... from some other forums I found that this $99 Gator case fits it very well Gator Case ... so I ordered it too, and it also showed up yesterday.

Fits like a glove .......

I'll post some pic's of mine in another thread (so as not to step all over yours here) that will show the case, and unfortunately ... the dent mine got on it's way here. :(

I really like the 'grippy' feel of the stock knobs (and I especially like the way they all rotate flat ... a pet peeve of mine) but the amber tophats should look awesome with this shade of translucent cherry.

Please post some pic's when you can.

@flyer those are the amber tophats in the pics. It came with the black rubber knobs and they just didn't have that classic look I like!

OK .... got my glasses on now! [blush]

Yup ... they do look good on there!! [thumbup]

I'm impressed with these guitars.

Lots of quality for not so lots a price ..... [smile]

Archived