Gibson Brands Forums

Wednesday song

blindboygrunt

Your style would fit perfectly in a wine bar. [thumbup] This does sound like a tricky tune, especially trying to maintain the picking pattern throughout - something I have never been able to do. You want abuse? You'll get none from this high corner of the globe.

Wednesday song?...that's just crazy talk! Midweek madness.

Yea I reckon that would be hard to play.Good job.The song has an old time feel in some ways.My Steve Earle knowledge is pretty minimal.Funny how some almost iconic artists can slip by someone.

Agree with LittleJ..nice balance with the vocal..deserves to be well heard on this one.

He is in the same "group" as TVZ, although I enjoy TVZ more. His son, Justin Townes Earle is pretty good to listen to as well...

Yep thanks Sal.I know where he sits amongst those bunch of singer songwriters and know a few of his songs...just haven't really learnt to play any.I like his son's stuff too.

When I first joined the forum there was a thread of people cover the same Steve Earle song.Can't remember whart it was, but there were heaps of versions done.

Been a Steve Earle fan for "right many" years. Not familiar with that song, but you did a mighty fine job. I did not know he had offspring. I am sure the apple didn't fall far from the tree! I do a few of his songs. His style suits mine.

Thanks fellas.

Mind how you tread if thinking of getting into Steve Earle FB. He has plenty of duffers. Apparently townes was his mentor. Named his son after him after all.

I'm thinking the vocals are a tad too pronounced in the mix. But I truly appreciate any comments.

Thanks for listening. I wish I could get the guitar recorded with a mic so there's no piezo sound. Its a bit plastic sounding :-/

Thanks fellas.

Mind how you tread if thinking of getting into Steve Earle FB. He has plenty of duffers. Apparently townes was his mentor. Named his son after him after all.

I'm thinking the vocals are a tad too pronounced in the mix. But I truly appreciate any comments.

Thanks for listening. I wish I could get the guitar recorded with a mic so there's no piezo sound. Its a bit plastic sounding :-/

I like the rawer sounds like this…not too produced……like a live show….sounds great, keep 'em coming!

Thanks fellas.

BBG i'm assuming your interface bizzo has 2 inputs.Are you just waiting to get the moolah to get a second mic? A used Shure SM57 would do a nice job on the guitar if you can pick one up cheapish.

I actually have a second mic.

The interface has one xlr input (which I use for the vocals) and then a quarter inch socket for 'instrument' . I got an xlr to jack lead for connecting the guitar mic into the quarter inch socket (which works fine when using a regular jack lead to the guitar input), but nothing registers when I connect the mic to it with this xlr to jack lead. I'm not sure why this isn't working to be honest. I started a thread hoping someone here could shed light on it but got no replies.

Am baffled

I actually have a second mic.

The interface has one xlr input (which I use for the vocals) and then a quarter inch socket for 'instrument' . I got an xlr to jack lead for connecting the guitar mic into the quarter inch socket (which works fine when using a regular jack lead to the guitar input), but nothing registers when I connect the mic to it with this xlr to jack lead. I'm not sure why this isn't working to be honest. I started a thread hoping someone here could shed light on it but got no replies.

Am baffled

yea that's a bit of a conundrum..i'm not that experienced in the recording caper.If I do a proper multi track I use my oldish Tascam digital portastudio.A shure sm57 for guitar and 58 for vocals both into 1/4 inch sockets.

maybe you might get a bite on some solutions a second time round here.

Could be worth posting the question in the recording section if you haven't already.

Listened to the song again too- really good!

Archived