Gibson Brands Forums

What is the model type of this Epiphone?

AndrewStereo

can anybody tell the model type of this Epiphone? I'd be very thankful about any hints.

Well, it looks like a limited edition Les Paul Standard plus top made in 2001 in the Saein Plant in Korea. But wait, I can't see if it has binding around the top.... Those are the right fret markers though....

Well, it looks like a limited edition Les Paul Standard plus top made in 2001 in the Saein Plant in Korea. But wait, I can't see if it has binding around the top.... Those are the right fret markers though....

Thanks a lot for your answer. I think the serial number means 2010, October?

Thanks a lot for your answer. I think the serial number means 2010, October?

It would mean 2010.

But if that is the case, somebody must have replaced that TRC. I'm pretty sure they were not using those in 2010.

The first character of the serial number in your photo is a capital "I" rather than a "1". That translates to: Saein (Korea), 2001, July, production #2827. I can't help you with the exact model, but that's definitely an older Korean Epi. I have a Korean G-400 from '93 that was made in the Samick plant and its an absolute gem! Nice guitar!

Is that a trick of the light that it looks like it doesn't have body binding? If it hasn't got binding that would be confusing. If it has got binding that would tend to make it a 2001 Les Paul Standard Plus Top but according to the Wiki they started it 2003. Can we see more pics, rear, headstock and neck, body edge?

Archived