Gibson Brands Forums

An American Celebration

KSG_Standard

Today America Celebrates our 44th presidential inauguration. A shining example of constitutional democracy in action. For the 44th time in 233 years, the reigns of power have been peacefully passed from one President to another. The American people have spoken, through the power of their vote and without a shot being fired, the most powerful office in the land has been passed to a new President. Good luck President Obama, we all hope for your success, as your success is our success.

That was real nice and I'm sure you mean every word of it.

Some on this forum may doubt your sincerity.

I have my doubts about this man. In the coming months and even years, I may not agree with all of his policies and decisions, but I will support him as the leader of our country. I will pray that he makes decisions that are wise and in the best interest of our country.

Thanks KSG for your post.

I think all of us have our doubts. He represents the largest change in politics in a great number of years. I wont question KfC's motives. I'm sure it damn near killed him to wish the new president good luck. KfC gets one at-a-boy.

I think all of us have our doubts. He represents the largest change in politics in a great number of years. I wont question KfC's motives. I'm sure it damn near killed him to wish the new president good luck. KfC gets one at-a-boy.

Come on Homz, just one atta-boy. He may not be feeling as warm and fuzzy as you and I, but he's stuck with him for the next four years!

Come on Homz' date=' just one atta-boy. He may not be feeling as warm and fuzzy as you and I, but he's stuck with him for the next four years![/quote']

To get more then one he would have to admit his faith the GW Bush is wavering. He's not going to do that.

It may have been an orderly transfer of power, as is important to note, but now we have the bad situation of an executive and a legislative controlled by the same party. That was bad when G.W. Bush entered office and it is bad now. Just look at what has happened to our national budget during the past 8 years and expect to see more of the same.

Meanwhile we see 50 percent of the people submitting a W2 paying about 2.5% of the taxes, and an increasing number of people somehow on the dole. This is creating an economic moral hazard that is bad for prosperity and continued growth. Recent reports, for example, of higher than expected first time jobless claims during the past few months (it's now about double normal) are testimony that the people who expect professionally know nothing about how the economy works. More people are being fired today than expected because employers see rough times ahead and are proactively firing people to protect the solvency of their businesses.

Obama is to some degree culpable in this because of the tone of his "things will get worse before they get better" rhetoric. I find it stunning that a leader would use words like that, knowing the effect it will have on people. Having been a leader in various capacities for most of my life I find it utterly disgraceful that someone calling himself a leader would so flippantly use language to demoralize people. Cynically I suspect that he used that language to help pave the way for the massive public works porkbarrel spending he is about to do, but it is having a broader effect. He has gotten off to a terrible start as president.

The only good thing about Obama is that he beat John McCain.

If it had been McCain I would be spitting venom right now. KfC is a better man then I. Ok, Ok, Ok... He gets one additional at-a-boy just because I'm in such a good mood. Oh btw that guy with the ted nugent avatar has taken your (KfC) place as right wing wacko. You moved up one rung to just plain right winger.

It may have been an orderly transfer of power' date=' as is important to note, but now we have the bad situation of an executive and a legislative controlled by the same party. That was bad when G.W. Bush entered office and it is bad now. Just look at what has happened to our national budget during the past 8 years and expect to see more of the same.

Meanwhile we see 50 percent of the people submitting a W2 paying about 2.5% of the taxes, and an increasing number of people somehow on the dole. This is creating an economic moral hazard that is bad for prosperity and continued growth. Recent reports, for example, of higher than expected first time jobless claims during the past few months (it's now about double normal) are testimony that the people who expect professionally know nothing about how the economy works. More people are being fired today than expected because employers see rough times ahead and are proactively firing people to protect the solvency of their businesses.

Obama is to some degree culpable in this because of the tone of his "things will get worse before they get better" rhetoric. I find it stunning that a leader would use words like that, knowing the effect it will have on people. Having been a leader in various capacities for most of my life I find it utterly disgraceful that someone calling himself a leader would so flippantly use language to demoralize people. Cynically I suspect that he used that language to help pave the way for the massive public works porkbarrel spending he is about to do, but it is having a broader effect. He has gotten off to a terrible start as president.

The only good thing about Obama is that he beat John McCain.

[/quote']

+1 when i was in school in 2004, 1 in 7 Hoosiers were on Medicaid. As of 2008, it is 1 in 6. and its getting worse.

it disturbs me that i get punished for having a good job. i believe that property taxes are unconstituional and income taxes are ridiculously high. why should i pay and pay and pay for people who continue to breed their bastard children with a plethora of men? what happened to responsibilty? oh yeah, it went out the door with FDR and LBJ.

why is it that the only people who can afford healthcare get it for free on my (our) tab? where i work, people go to the ER for a simple fever. my buddy's fiance is a paramedic in Ft Wayne. she responded to a call of an accident involving a severe cut. when she got there, it was a papercut. true story. and who footed the bill for that? you guessed it. she also gets weekly 911 calls for an amublance because the person needs a ride to the doctor's office. this crap actually happens. and we pay for all of it....

Archived