Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

Following my initial posts the other week and some truly kind responses from members in this wonderful forum, I felt the need for a little update. I've been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer and it's probably going to take me out in around 6 months time. It has spread from my lungs to my brain, spine and a couple of other places and kind of knocked me sideways. I am spending the time wisely putting my affairs in order, to make the future a little easier for my wife and family if that's possible. I do not seek sympathy for myself, it is entirely my own fault and of course everyone knew the risks of smoking. I have to say our much maligned NHS has been utterly brilliant and I have received welcome support from my employers too. I probably wont feel the need to post here further for myself except to offer my support and best wishes to others in difficult circumstances and I send in advance my thanks to you all for giving me this opportunity. Peace and love to you all.

I lost my sister to lung cancer 4 years ago. I admire your strength and courage. God Bless you my friend, you are in our Prayers.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear friends, wife's surgery went well. Got her out of hospital Sunday and both of us are resting comfortably at home. Will find out soon if she needs chemo, but with folks like you all we will get thru it just like the first time. Words cannot express what the heart holds for you all. Thank you so much and God bless you all.

TC

Sending our love and hope to you all.

Dear friends, wife's surgery went well. Got her out of hospital Sunday and both of us are resting comfortably at home. Will find out soon if she needs chemo, but with folks like you all we will get thru it just like the first time. Words cannot express what the heart holds for you all. Thank you so much and God bless you all.

TC

Sending our love and hope to you all.

Was going to comment on Sparq's posts on the opioid epidemic - it's my understanding it's largely replaced the bensodiazepine epidemic Stateside? - and then along comes Rookery.

Wow.

Wish they could grow lung tissue like liver tissue.

Damn.

Archived