covers Blues, Cajun/Zydeco, Mexican, New Orleans Jazz, Appalachian,

etc., etc., etc. It's an interesting film, if you're into that kind

of music, at all. Ry Cooder, Bonnie Raitt, and other's contribute

some insight, as well.

CB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point Mr. Walsh (It's MISTER, cause he earned it) is that the whole industry, the method, of making music, making a living at it, has changed. Along with everything else, as we gain technology.

Really, he is absolutely correct. Even though this vid is already kinda old.

As Mr. Walsh says, it's up to the NEW generation to figure out, as they are. The point I hear he his saying, that the method of making and selling records, and finding bands and musicians to do it, is different. And actually, that whole method doesn't really exist as it did.

What I am understanding is that the "new" ways of making music and musicians is not as effective for making GOOD musicians as it once was, thus, generally, we(they) all suck more.

One of the random flicks my girl puts on after dinner was 'The Giver'. Great movie. Relevant because generations pass, and info is either lost or given down to the next. Onerepublic does a closing #, in my opinion representing new music and so I searched them out and whistled their tune the whole day Friday. The industry is well aware of the artist, Onerepublic and their musical endeavors but whether there is a hit that is catchy enough for the next gen to look back upon remains to be seen. Another one of her 'random flicks' closed out with Alanis Morrisette and believe it or not, enough time has passed where Thank You is becoming a classic. I hummed along like it was an old friend. And its not THAT old.

I cannot understand how MTV could change their programming so radically, lose millions of viewers to VH1, then push the self destruct button on that one too. And that another giant hasn't come along to replace them. Music, as a TV channel greatly interests me. Gibson should have one. Fender should have one, and stay true to the business. Artists need the exposure, now more than ever.

Archived