Gibson Brands Forums

Sold my 2013 Gold Top

Tman

The above paragraph accurately describes how I feel at this moment: Speechless.

I got the call and went to Instrumental Music. John, rocker turned music store proprietor brought it out. I have his permission to post.

072d56ea-c638-400a-b6e6-2f28e1682b93_zpszieokbtv.jpg

Stunning. Photos won't do it justice.

71c3881c-df20-4138-a8ed-6c7c4d56c8d6_zps0uzkykvb.jpg

Look at the figuring! Looks like 3D quilted walnut that forms a diamond (no hallucinogens on board I promise!).

2f6c2722-b3d1-41b0-8c93-0e6f688e89d5_zpscjn0zqth.jpg

Yours truly, a happy man! Plays like a dream. More and tighter low end than the J-200 and also neck just a touch slimmer - perfect!!

d3e41c71-f2e5-43c4-8745-b5f895812d10_zpsounpctq5.jpg

Das Es Nice. Yesterday was my 5th wedding anniversary and the wife gave be clearance to buy a guitar. I want an acoustic with a cutaway and no electronics.

I think you have to check out the 2016 line. The feel is outstanding [thumbup]

The above paragraph accurately describes how I feel at this moment: Speechless.

I got the call and went to Instrumental Music. John, rocker turned music store proprietor brought it out. I have his permission to post.

072d56ea-c638-400a-b6e6-2f28e1682b93_zpszieokbtv.jpg

Stunning. Photos won't do it justice.

71c3881c-df20-4138-a8ed-6c7c4d56c8d6_zps0uzkykvb.jpg

Look at the figuring! Looks like 3D quilted walnut that forms a diamond (no hallucinogens on board I promise!).

2f6c2722-b3d1-41b0-8c93-0e6f688e89d5_zpscjn0zqth.jpg

Yours truly, a happy man! Plays like a dream. More and tighter low end than the J-200 and also neck just a touch slimmer - perfect!!

d3e41c71-f2e5-43c4-8745-b5f895812d10_zpsounpctq5.jpg

Instrumental Music in Thousand Oaks or Ventura? I bought my Diamond Anniversary Telecaster from them.

Used to go to the store in Santa Barbara every time I was in town.

That figured walnut is beautiful!

Instrumental Music in Thousand Oaks or Ventura? I bought my Diamond Anniversary Telecaster from them.

Used to go to the store in Santa Barbara every time I was in town.

That figured walnut is beautiful!

Thousand Oaks.

John is such a great guy. Great experience all around.

This guitar is phenomenal. Gibson has stepped up the game.

e82dc3a7-a44f-4b28-a904-e1ebf2f98ba7_zpsem4ghpo3.jpg

Avec du vin blanc de la California

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXeNZaZDWU

Turn down the volume its a bit loud. A little too much optimization I guess.

Compared a 1997 Gibson J-200 Maple with a 2016 Gibson J-100 Walnut. I kept all variables the same except that the J-200 was recorded in the middle of a perigee full moon lunar eclipse and the J-100 was recorded later, in the last half. I think that may have affected the tone - you decide.

I tried to vary it a bit by just plucking open strings with the side of my thumb then some finger picking and some strumming. The only other difference was that the J-200 has an L.R. Baggs element pickup and the 100 has an L.R. Bags Anthem pickup.

Input levels were the same, all equalization was the same. A big difference is that the J-200 is broken in and has been played a lot. The J-100 is brand new.

Look at the walnut through the sound hole in the second part. Looks like dark chocolate. delicious.

Enjoy.

Guest Farnsbarns

I'll have to watch that vid when I get home. Or just come to see you and have a go in February! Can't wait.

Showed the pics to the wife last night and she said "he doesn't look like a guitar player". I asked her if I do, she looked as if I'd asked her a silly question. I'll never understand women.

I'll have to watch that vid when I get home. Or just come to see you and have a go in February! Can't wait.

Showed the pics to the wife last night and she said "he doesn't look like a guitar player". I asked her if I do, she looked as if I'd asked her a silly question. I'll never understand women.

Well I am certainly not going to ask her what I do look like.

Guest Farnsbarns

Well I am certainly not going to ask her what I do look like.

I just played the video and she said she liked it. Obviously you sound more like a guitarist than I do!

Archived