Gibson Brands Forums

Hey hey My my

Homz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on another topic, I just got a pocket pod from line6... I just hate the thing... (and almost everything line6 puts out) but it fits in the case of my lester and sounds prety decent with headphones. The VOX headphone amp sounds better but is a little limited (the pod has cleans, distortions, fx and a tuner). So I guess this is what will remain in my lester's case from now on...

Any ideas on it?

You could have left it alone...you chose not to do so.

You were probably teased as a child and were ignored at home.= look at me!

Did you get a guitar yet?....this is a guitar forum.

Just so you get an accurate picture for your study. I was raised by parents in an all "American Dream" home. I was an athlete and got plenty of attention from my parents and others. I was never ignored. I have been playing guitar for over 30 years. I have had a Gibson LP Standard since Sept of 2007 and a few months after that one I got a Gibson limited Edition Robot. If you want to hear some crappy live recordings of the band my wife and I have you can go to.

http://www.bandmix.com/wicked-red/

You could have left it alone...you chose not to do so.

You were probably teased as a child and were ignored at home.= look at me!

Did you get a guitar yet?....this is a guitar forum.

I have to agree with my fellow blue...let it go. People can review you previous posts to see if you were mistreated or not---wait, they can't do that because you deleted them all. How convenient.

Gentleman please, the forums are a place of peace and relaxation. As an outsider on this argument I'd like to provide my .02--I believe that any member has the first amendment right to free speech, as the Gibson server is in the United States, this includes a poster having the right to remove their posts as they see fit. My opinion aside, let's be civil, if anyone feels their honor has been damaged they can settle it like gentlemen, pistols at dawn.

Furthermore, under the original intentions of this thread, I believe that rock n' roll is not completely dead, but dying. I feel that the economics of the music industry have put relevant rock music on the back burner in favor of sales and cheap gimmicks. I do however notice that there is still good rock n' roll in existance--many so called "indie" bands are simply garage rock revival, and groups such as the Strokes are turning out real rock n' roll a la the Velvet Underground. Unfortunately these groups havent seen success in the United States terms, and it's unlikely they will ever be seen by history as rock n' roll supergroups. I also believe that the groups of the past I admire are starting to be perverted by our modern times (did anybody see across the universe?) One more note, it hurts me to see how the blues are becoming a lost entity, if I have to go into the world section or jazz section of a record store to find Muddy Waters, something is wrong with this society

I am done. Let's move on. Homz' date=' are you game?[/quote']

I really didn't have a problem with getting called a troll by you. It was the other one, but what ever check out my crappy live recordings. My wife can sing pretty good.

Furthermore..The Beatles stood/stand out' date=' because they were among the first, they were a POP band IMHO, not a rock band. Led Zepplin stood/stands out because they were the first of their kind.

Discuss amongst yourselves...[/quote']

The Beatles called themselves a rock n' roll group, and thats good enough for me. And Zep wasn't really the first of their kind, and I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but the original Jeff Beck Group had a very similar sound (I'd argue better) and they disbanded before Zep began

The Beatles called themselves a rock n' roll group' date=' and thats good enough for me. And Zep wasn't really the first of their kind, and I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but the original Jeff Beck Group had a very similar sound (I'd argue better) and they disbanded before Zep began

[/quote']:o

on another topic' date=' I just got a pocket pod from line6... I just hate the thing... (and almost everything line6 puts out) but it fits in the case of my lester and sounds prety decent with headphones. The VOX headphone amp sounds better but is a little limited (the pod has cleans, distortions, fx and a tuner). So I guess this is what will remain in my lester's case from now on...

Any ideas on it? [/quote']

Hey Thunder how ya been? Que pasa tio??? I have a Pocket Pod too... Since I don't have an amp and just play in my studio it gives me what I need. You can edit and save the presets too. The software that comes with it is pretty good, or did I download the software from the Line 6 site?? I don't remember... Anyway get the software its much easyier to go thre the sounds and edit and stuff.... I use the tuner in it all the time too, my Boss TU-12H is collecting dust now...

I really didn't have a problem with getting called a troll by you. It was the other one' date=' but what ever check out my crappy live recordings. My wife can sing pretty good.

[/quote']

Not as good as my band. Unfortunately, we have a new lead singer...he isn't as good as one when this video was shot.

The Beatles called themselves a rock n' roll group' date=' and thats good enough for me. And Zep wasn't really the first of their kind, and I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but the original Jeff Beck Group had a very similar sound (I'd argue better) and they disbanded before Zep began

[/quote']

JBG were definitely pioneers of that hard blues rock sound, but don't forget Jimi and Cream were already in

that mold as well. No doubt if Beck wanted to, he probably would've had more success than all of those guys.

Fame scared the **** out of him.

Thank you' date=' I thought I was gonna get the firing squad for saying anything about zep on these forums[/quote']

I wouldn't know. I only post here once every 8 months. LOL

3 to 4 years ago I practically lived here. =D>

What people often refer as "rock", "alternative" and "metal" these days is often the farthest thing from said moniker. I thought the Foos and Monster Magnet were going to usher real rock back into people's veins in the mid 90's, and that became overshadowed by lame gimmicks and guitars tuned like basses, having a rapper and DJ in the band, and of course awful crossovers.

My vote is always that the Foo Fighters are the Led Zeppelin (or Cheap Trick) of this era and they'll be one of the few modern bands that people will give a crap about 10 years from now. I also had high hopes about Jet, the Casanovas and Wolfmother, but somehow REAL guitar rock keeps getting put to the side in favor of reverse-mullet hairstyles, Hot Topic fascion (yes, I spelled it right...lol), godawful toneless guitar noise and the increasing cardboard-box-slap sounds of triggered double-kick drums. It's all such a herd mentality, and to be unique nowadays is a sin. If you don't have the right "menacing" hunched-over stare/glare, proper amount of piercings in your face or aren't wearing the approved apparel, you're not part of the gang. I love it when the "metal" guys see my simple old-school, passive-pickup'd, vibrola-equipped SG guitars and my non-uber-gain amp (set on about "5" on the drive and volume) and they comment on how non-brutal a rig it is. Then they always ask me how I get such strong sounds live without a lot of overdrive. I show them my knobs ("...see this? This is my MIDRANGE. Turn the midrange up, not the other way around..."), demonstrate my rockstar stance and a hard-hit a-chord and say "that's all you need to do."

Until people start writing good songs instead of working on their stage show and promo photography, rock-n-roll WILL die, because there aren't many left in the new breed.

H-Bomb

Neil says "hey hey my my' date=' rock and roll will never die..."

The Who say "rock is dead, rock is dead..."

Personally I think rock saw it's end somewhere in the 80's. From time to time a decent band or CD will sneak through I.E. Nirvana or the Foo Fighters, but on a whole there just isn't much distinction. If I am wrong then tell me who is the next super band. Any band that 50 years from now will still be listened to, like the Beatles or Led Zeppelin.[/quote']

You have got me there HOMZ. I am still tryin to find me a band like Zep but i have had no luck. Also When will we find a band or person that we will compare other bands to? It still is are they good like the beatles?, or Do they rock like Zep?

Many unanswered questions, and all we can do is wait.

Archived