Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner recommendation

blindboygrunt

The 'strum all the strings' method of finding which strings are out a bit is a great feature!

Now thats cool, great innovation if it really works like that. Would save quite a bit of time during a gig when you need to retune in the middle of a set.

Is this one: http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune-clip/

Sounds odd having a German rocker explaining it, a bit like Ahnold talking about a Gibson..

Pricey, as expected, $50 from Amazon..

Shocking bad influence, aint it?

That feature doesn't work too good, well on mine, but the strobe tuner one string at a time low to high is even quicker and way more accurate than my old Poly foot pedal.

After usng it for a couple of months, a lot, that is stunning way to tune and it is very bright a and readable. Try it- takes a while to get the swing of it, but once you got it, you just go blip, blip, blip and tune UP to the line....

$110 aust dollars! Great, great , great tuner worth more.

BluesKing777.

That feature doesn't work too good, well on mine

There's another long thread on this topic where several other people said the same thing. I was interested in this product until I read that, the polytune feature sounded very interesting. But not if it doesn't work. ;)

I have a Peterson stroboclip that is very accurate and also features "sweetened" tunings and some other nice features. So it doesn't seem like this device would offer much for me. https://www.petersontuners.com/products/stroboclip/

I also have the peterson tuner app on my iPhone. It is fine, but really not the same thing as a clip-on since it relies on the microphone. I found it especially hard to tune the lower strings with the app so I haven't used it for a couple years.

I suppose they will use batteries with that very bright screen, though they say they don't.

I'm going to get a battery tester from StewMac one day....I have no faith in the things - the ones I get for my garage door opener blipper thing are flat when I get them half the time. Easy to tell they are flat because the door don't go up!

BluesKing777.

Was kinda getting into these a week ago, having read the rave review from Bluesking dude.

My Snark, well, broke. GC doesn't sell the 15 dollar ones here anymore, so it's a case of now what?

I bought a Korg one (24 bucks)...just to have and because I always likes Korg stuff. But I kinda got to thinking I wanted more around the house, and went to GC to try some more.

Anyway...got to trying this Polytune clip, and it really IS a stand-out clip on. It picks up and tunes fast, as good as a pedal or a plug-in.

But...the things I have read about the "polytune" feature were true as well. It does work, and works good, but the tuning is slightly off when compared to using it single string at a time. So, if you do the poly and then go to single string, you will be going back and forth with it.

I still like the Korg stuff, but the Polytune acts like a super-Korg.

For 99cents, I bought one. I can't imagine playing big bucks for a tuner. I used to use the family organ, a pitch pipe and even the dial tone on a landline phone (though I now forget what pitch that was.)

I understand a pedal for pros. But around the house? Snark for $8 seemed fine by me. Sometimes they get thrown into a deal for the heck of it.

Archived