Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Stevie Wright.

Digger

Dang Dig,

I saw Little Stevie a few times in Oz, The guy poured every ounce of energy he had into every gig, and when Evie came on the radio and they didn't play all three parts I would phone in to complain.

I know he was mighty messed up at several points in his life, but I am nonetheless saddened by this news.

Dang Dig,

I saw Little Stevie a few times in Oz, The guy poured every ounce of energy he had into every gig, and when Evie came on the radio and they didn't play all three parts I would phone in to complain.

I know he was mighty messed up at several points in his life, but I am nonetheless saddened by this news.

We are certainly on the same page with "Evie" my friend, and didn't he seem like he had lived that song?

George Young & Harry Vanda from the Easybeats were the power behind the new Aussie band AC/DC, George being the older brother of Angus & Malcolm Young. Experience gained touring the world as "the "Beats" was invaluable to AC/DC and the success of their career.

I have always pointed out to my Punk Rock pals and cronies that the stuff was invented in Oz three years before the Sex Pistols hit. Take a little Lobby Lloyd, mix in some AC/DC, and boom! Punk Rock!

Even just now I was playing Evie for the wife who knows nothing about Oz music (she's never been) and pointing out its roots of AC/DC. It's very clear where Malcom and the boys got their sound and stage presence.

And yeah man oh man, Evie Part 2 is as heartbreakingly pure as it gets.

It's a hard hard road indeed...

I have always pointed out to my Punk Rock pals and cronies that the stuff was invented in Oz three years before the Sex Pistols hit. Take a little Lobby Lloyd, mix in some AC/DC, and boom! Punk Rock!

Even just now I was playing Evie for the wife who knows nothing about Oz music (she's never been) and pointing out its roots of AC/DC. It's very clear where Malcom and the boys got their sound and stage presence.

And yeah man oh man, Evie Part 2 is as heartbreakingly pure as it gets.

It's a hard hard road indeed...

Yeah Lobby Lloyd & Thorpie....sigh~

I was alerted to a show about Aussie music which started last night by a kind person that occasionally posts here, by email. It was about the Alberts a family business that produced some of our major rock artists such as The Easybeats, AC/DC and others. Last night it was about The Easybeats and esp. Stevie Wright.

I featured a small bit of Stevie taken recently I assume, and that poor bugger shocked me with his appearance! He could have easily haunted houses.

Bloody drugs!

Archived