Gibson Brands Forums

Turn It Up!

Johnny 6 String

Hey All;

Just discovered that there is a new guitar movie out soon (direct to blu-ray available at Amazon Jan.22), since it's same day as my birthday think I'll be picking up a little present for myself.

Looks like some pretty cool footage of people expressing their love for the instrument, hosted by Kevin Bacon.

I'm not connected in anyway, just thought I'd share.

Here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AZbC9fyUJQk

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeah, Gibson really should update this forum software. It's rather old and probably has some security holes. I suspect newer versions of IP board have worked out the secure youtube URLs as well.

Hopefully it's more than just people taking about awesome the guitar is. Everyone here knows that already. Perhaps they dive a bit deeper into it? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Amazon is doing some cool original stuff these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually helped fund getting this movie finished about a year ago so I ended up with an advanced copy of the movie, a pack of Dean Markey strings and a Guitar pick. This is a guitar lovers dream and there is some serious guitars played by some serious players. I never really knew who Carl Verheyen was until I saw the movie but he's the real standout in the movie for me.

When I got the advanced copy I was asked not to share it but was allowed to watch it with my friends at home. I'm glad to see the movie got to a general release as there were a lot of good people who worked on it.

Archived