Gibson Brands Forums

neck dive

american cheez

The only neck-heavy guitar I own is a 1986 Kramer Ferrington.

It neck-dives like crazy.

Whenever I plan to play it, I will hire a homeless guy to stand on stage next to me to hold the headstock up for me.

They appreciate the opportunity to work, and I always buy them supper.

And sometimes you'll get a homeless guy who can sing harmonies and play harmonica, which is a bonus.

Anyway.

I'm gonna shut up now.

[unsure]

I bought a 2013 SG 50's tribute that had Grover Rotomatics tuners and I immediately replaced them with locking Grover Rotomatic.....

when my left hand comes off neck its going to the floor....I don't know if there is much of a difference in weight between locking and non locking

Rotomatics but whatever, I have to come up with a solution.....I do like the locking tuners......

DSCN2022_zpsafigsowj.jpg

get a better strap?

what are you using now?

Yeah the strap is old and a cheap nylon one but in great condition that I used on my Ibanez and strat style guitars over the years with no dive at all.....so I never gave it any thought....

I put it on an SG and the neck dives to the floor.

the nylon strap is your problem.

Try a Levy or US Blues strap, get one that's Suede or Brushed Leather (I have two SGs) and that solves any issues that I might have with neck dive.

The suede grips the shirt/shoulder and the axe will not move.

the nylon strap is your problem.

Try a Levy or US Blues strap, get one that's Suede or Brushed Leather (I have two SGs) and that solves any issues that I might have with neck dive.

The suede grips the shirt/shoulder and the axe will not move.

I think it is time for a new one......

hp!

when I bought my Sheraton in November, I also included this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS26Tan

if you like the smell of leather, you'll like this one! :)

My SG straps (As well as 90% of my straps) are very similar to this. None of my guitars move at all when playing.

thanks....that's a much better price than the couple that I looked at....I have to place a small order and now I can add a strap....

Archived