Gibson Brands Forums

Original Dallas Rangemaster from 1966

RevDavidLee

Really - WOW. I thought they were rare as rocking horse ****. I guess it might be a sales pitch - hey bud, you ever used a 10,000 dollar pedal before? [laugh]

They are rare, but this is about 10x what the last two sold for on eBay.. Better condition, but he's looking at closer to 2K

Hmm, well I guess it is all about the case cardboard box. [laugh]

In my experience with vintage stompboxes, the more beat up the better. That means it sounds good and someone used the **** out of it. The stuff that is in mint condition may have been neglected because it was a dud. What I do is buy broken vintage stompboxes cheap, fix them up, and then break them again :)

In my experience with vintage stompboxes, the more beat up the better. That means it sounds good and someone used the **** out of it. The stuff that is in mint condition may have been neglected because it was a dud. What I do is buy broken vintage stompboxes cheap, fix them up, and then break them again :)

This is true. In the early 90's I sold my last two EH LPB2s that I beat to crap over a long time and I wasn't even sure worked, for sick money. Shoulda kept 'em.

rct

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Archived