Gibson Brands Forums

Super Bowl anyone?

saturn

I've posted on other forums/threads, but yeah, Lady GaGA, fan or not, absolutely NAILED the national anthem. I read her take on it and she said, in short, that she was doing it out of respect for the song, and as it was originally written, and has stood the test of time. I'm thinking she got that part very, very right.

I had chills listening to her, and could only hope that all of those who do get to sing the Anthem, no matter the venue, realize that it's about the song and what it represents, not you.

Stopping the flag waving now, LOL.

I missed the National Anthem live, but saw a video of it online and she did a fabulous job performing. Her respect for the song was very evident and respectful.

As for the Halftime Show, it was just as I predicted: a Snoozefest. Coldplay has maybe two songs that I like and the rest are just audio sleeping pills to me. As for Beyonce, if I wanted to see someone shake their butt in front of a wind machine I would have watched the Super Bowl at a Strip Club. And Bruno Mars was...Bruno Mars. Hopefully next year they will pick someone better for the Halftime Show, like Metallica or almost anyone else!

I believe it was actually Vince Lombardy who said, "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

I'm cutting the guy some slack because: 1) I'm a Panther fan, 2) Cam energized a fan base like never before in the Carolinas, 3) the Panthers were one game away from a perfect season and went 14-0 until they lost to Atlanta, and they did it on Cam's shoulders, 4) Cam had a lot invested in this game emotionally, and he got his butt whipped by one of the best defenses in NFL history. Cam won a national championship in junior college, in college, and almost did it in the pros. The kid is a winner. He plays with passion. He also is having fun.

Sure, he is spoiled and pampered, but what pro athlete isn't. If you're a Panther fan, he's a pretty likable guy and lots of fun to watch. Maybe one day he'll mature emotionally.

^--

I look at it this way..

If I had 100 creeps from the media poking a mic in my face, I'd probably say exactly what he said, and walk off too.

I had nothing invested in this game, (patriots fan don't ya know) but that said, I do believe that guys like Cam Newton have the potential to change the roll of a Quarter Back in the NFL much in the same way a guy like Bobby Orr changed the way an NHL Defensemen can play the game.

He just needs to figure out how to present himself. Cuz at the moment, that part of Cam's gig, is not going well. He's young, he'll get it.

Archived