Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES-339 P-90 Pro Model (Ebony Only)

RevDavidLee

I'm not in USA but if I were, I'd go for it. I really do like mine. You can get some magic tones from those P90's. I consider Epiphone has really hit a sweet spot in producing this guitar.

As an aside, I am a little surprised Gibson doesn't seem to make an ES339 with P90's.

It's a great guitar. I can vouch for it, too. Got my cherry model a little over a year ago. It's one of my favorites to pick up and play—unplugged, as well.

I had wanted a wine red one, but it was taking a while for it to become available in the U.S. But the cherry turned out to be gorgeous finish.

I have the ebony one and it is a fantastic guitar and at that price it's a steal.

Mine did have its issues though. The truss rod wouldn't budge when I tried to tweak the neck and it fretted out completely on any note played on the 13th fret. I returned it to the dealer for warranty service. Two frets needed to be reglued and they were able to fix that and it got the truss rod issue taken care of with the free setup they gave me. The fret polish did wonders as they were slightly scratchy prior to this. Since I got it back I have played no electrics other than it and the Tele I recently got in a trade. Grab one while you can.

It sounds and plays great and really rocks through a Tube Screamer and Mesa Boogie.

DSC_0087_zpsvlhqqruw.jpg

The Tele:

DSC_0095_zpsg7h6lgrb.jpg

Archived