Gibson Brands Forums

Please Help!

ilovegibsons

Well, I don't know anything about the ESP Horizon NT-II, so my opinion isn't so un-biased. But based on your name and the line in your signature, I think you'd be really proud to have that SG Standard around your neck!

That's the one I'd go with.. hard to beat a classic.

Hey man... I'd preffer the SG standard... it is as confortable to play as the ESP but, has mojo!

Now really, the standard is as confortable, but has a signature tone most esp jackson and ibanez guitars do not have (most of them sound the same, regardless of wood pickups or anything else).

The looks of the SG are better (specially the natural burst finish) but that's just my opinion, Im not much into strats, less into superstrats...

The SG can be coiltapped, its an easy mod, and if you dont want to install a switch (mini switch actually) you can just change the pots for up/down pots.

What's the price of the ESP? (thats the one "feature" in which it could defeat the SG)

OK I have found 2 awesome looking guitars for around the same price. The SG Standard and the ESP Horizon NT-II. Both are dreams for me' date=' but is there anyone here who can give an UNbiased opinion as to which is better? For the record, here is the ESP:

NT-II

With what you're looking at, I don't think one is going to be "better" than the other as they're really different from each other. You should just go try them both and see which one you like best. Either one is going to be a good guitar.

Archived