Gibson Brands Forums

New stuff vs old

357bullfrog

I hope I don't offend anybody by this but something interesting happened today at a guitar shop . Wanna hear bout it? Ok I figured you would so here goes. I took my amp in for warranty repair and almost ... Notice I said almost traded my Riviera for a Squier tele. It was pretty and had a good sound but upon inspection the input jack was real loose and I mean ready to fall out loose. The owner of the shop twisted it enough to break the wires . So is it just me or has quality suffered in the last year or so? I've herd rave reviews on the classic vibe but this one wasn't one of the crop I recon anyway. I'm glad I kept my Epi. And like I said this is not meant in any way to offend it's just food for thought. And thank you all for learning me get that out.

... for a Squier tele. It was pretty and had a good sound but upon inspection the input jack was real loose and I mean ready to fall out loose. The owner of the shop twisted it enough to break the wires. ...

The shop owner himself did that? [scared] Shouldn't have happened to him I think. Any guitar jack calls for holding up the torque from the other side while tightening or loosening its nut. Working on outputs with the traditional Telecaster jack ferrule also requires a dedicated special tool.

I hope the shop owner will leave the warranty repair of your amp to somebody else... :unsure:

Most brand-new guitars call for retightening screws carefully some weeks after finishing due to finish shrinkage. Every guitar shop owner should know and be able to do it properly.

like any part; it would probably need to be tightened over time. output jacks always need to be tightened. not a quality issue. it just happens. I would question the quality of the shop owner over the guitar [wink]

Archived