Gibson Brands Forums

Any factory questions for the Bozeman plant?

duluthdan

'Was beginning to get worried, not hearing back- a number of possibilities - perhaps overcome by nitro fumes & rosewood, you succumbed to the GAS, and it didn't go over well with Mrs. Dan. Or, perhaps there was an opening for the final QC guitar tester and you decided to chuck it all and go for it.

Actually have been on the road the last 3 weeks playing the heck out of a J-45 and a J-50 trying to plant or harvest some song ideas with some mates from the past. I would love to be the quality control tester, but fear I am far too much a hack, I can't even hold a pick [biggrin]

As for the Mrs Dan - last thing she said to me as I headed out the door was, "Remember, there's only $xxx$ in your guitar account" I said, "i have a guitar account ?" [biggrin]

While testing and playing many fine new and used guitars of a variety of styles and makes, I have come to the conclusion that the J-50, and the 45s I have are pretty flipping outstanding - I did not play anything that I'd swap for, but that new Smeck reissue was really nice...

Archived