Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Know Where to Find a G-400 Custom?

schnee

I was just at a show last night at my school, and this kid had a g-400 custom in antique ivory. I don't know if it was a gibson or an epiphone, but I fell in love with it. Does anyone know how/where to find one? I've looked on a ton of websites, but if I do find any, they're only epiphones. Is this guitar discontinued?

They have one right now in my local music shop (at least they did a week ago!) They also had a nice black one. Just as a by-the-way the G400 is Epiphone's reasonable quality SG copy. It is not one of their top-of-the-range models although it does have a set neck unlike the cheaper versions that are bolt-ons. If you can find one in your local store I would try before buying rather than order online as I have heard of significant variations between individual guitars in the G400 models (true for genuine Gibsons as well apparently!).

• 2 weeks later...
I was just at a show last night at my school' date=' and this kid had a g-400 custom in antique ivory. I don't know if it was a gibson or an epiphone, but I fell in love with it. Does anyone know how/where to find one? I've looked on a ton of websites, but if I do find any, they're only epiphones. Is this guitar discontinued?[/quote']

go here: http://forums.epiphone.com/

good luck...

Archived