Gibson Brands Forums

Blues King 777

the other side

Just wondering if you take requests? Have you ever dabbled with "Ode to Billy Joe". By Bobby Gentry ? I think you've got the right guitars and that something with those swampy deltas. Just a good ole down home setting song of things that happen, back in there. I've noticed a few folks are envious of your playing of them on the homeplace here !

Well, I have had some requests, usually something like "Be quiet! And stop banging on that guitar", but that certainly is a strange request!

I don't think I could remember all the words?

I could play it well enough, but not sure about the singing - I could ask a friend who might sing it while I play..

Let me look it up.

BluesKing777.

I thought this might be your long lost daughter. Hilarious, but I'd like to play guitar in her league. Can't take my eyes off her... uh...fingers.

Yeah, we have a problem here in Amerika. Two steps forward, one back. It's just a re-boot, but I fear it's getting late in the game.

What guitar should I buy next?

I thought this might be your long lost daughter. Hilarious, but I'd like to play guitar in her league. Can't take my eyes off her... uh...fingers.

Yeah, we have a problem here in Amerika. Two steps forward, one back. It's just a re-boot, but I fear it's getting late in the game.

Probably more like long lost great grandaughter but anyway....we will cling to her if the boat capsizes!

Which guitar to buy, hmmm.....I would say, for you, a USED 2015/6 Gibson J45 Vintage with torrefied top.

BluesKing777.

JedZep, If you could hold off on injecting political commentary in-between your thoughts on the talents of the young girl and which guitar you should buy next. I'm sure it would keep others from feeling the need to up the ante and make their own political comments.

I refuse to listen, BK. What's next, 'Polk Salad Annie' or 'Harper Valley PTA'?

"Poke Salat" - gotta say it like you've eaten the stuff, and it really ain't bad! I like that tune; Tony Joe's not any Townes Van Zandt, but he really ain't bad either😋

JedZep, If you could hold off on injecting political commentary in-between your thoughts on the talents of the young girl and which guitar you should buy next. I'm sure it would keep others from feeling the need to up the ante and make their own political comments.

That'd be me, but I'm tryin' to quit!

Archived