Gibson Brands Forums

What options do I have?

Kinsman

Rabs: The extra wide necks were a bold but futile attempt to bring Gibson into the 21 century (or more specifically, away from 1959) [flapper]

Well I agree actually.. The mistake they made was putting it on the WHOLE range that year plus upping the price almost 30% to make us pay for crap we didn't want... It was just silly...

The T and HP line I think is a nice mid way and even though it should keep everyone happy, it never seems too ? :unsure:

:)

Well I agree actually.. The mistake they made was putting it on the WHOLE range that year plus upping the price almost 30% to make us pay for crap we didn't want... It was just silly...

The T and HP line I think is a nice mid way and even though it should keep everyone happy, it never seems too ? :unsure:

:)

I just feel like they're a bit too wide. I've got big hands, but they're too wide to ever feel comfortable.

What I find disappointing is the idea that they'll consider things like the Less+ a failure and we won't see another slim lightweight guitar for a while.

I'd adore a custom lite, with a satin neck and hp parts (access neck joint for instance).

Custom Lite ordered! Last new model the shop had in stock. It's a 2016, Ebony. Pics when it arrives.

Sweet.. Good luck [thumbup]

(even though I have to say that I find they usually pay a bit more attention to the finishing on limited run models).

31843182744_7f8798f4e8_c.jpg

31873864913_ba210fb70d_c.jpg

32564049061_96817228fa_m.jpg31874097233_27d0b01cd2_m.jpg

Initial impressions:

Everything seems to be physically in order and it is beautiful.

Everything seems to be sonically in order and it sounds wonderful through my practice amp (Yamaha TH10).

The neck is exactly what I was after! It is, minus the satin, identical to what is on the Zakk. Additionally, the edges of the binding are rounded, so there's a smoother angle between neck and fretboard.

I'll be playing through my Mark 5:25 tonight and give it a real breaking in.

Needless to say, I am excited!

Thanks to everyone who pointed me in this direction and to zzounds who got it out to me incredibly quickly. I expected it tomorrow but it showed up early this morning.

Archived