Gibson Brands Forums

es-335 pics

merciful-evans

someone near me has this ES-335 for sale. Its a 2009 model. I haven't seen it yet, nor asked any questions.

I'm not a Gibson expert. Before I look any further can I have your informed opinions as to whether this appears genuine or not?

Here are some pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks guys.

I'm not a 335 expert that could pick up some little detail that is wrong, but it looks fine to me. Not sure why it would be in a 'Custom' case though as it has dot inlays and looks like a plain top in faded cherry. But looks authentic to me FWIW.

You could ask for a photo of the serial and check that if you have concerns. I'm no expert either but it's hard to see details from these photos. Looks like a nice guitar and in good shape too. I wouldn't be worried about it coming in a mismatched case, they seem to ship from the factory with whatever fits.

From the photos you posted it looks like a Gibson. I have a 2013 ES 335 that looks exactly like the one you posted and it came in a Gibson Custom case just like the one in your photo. Check that the back of the head stock is three pieces of wood. The center piece is large with a thin piece on each side, just like the Les Paul headstocks.

From the photos you posted it looks like a Gibson. I have a 2013 ES 335 that looks exactly like the one you posted and it came in a Gibson Custom case just like the one in your photo. Check that the back of the head stock is three pieces of wood. The center piece is large with a thin piece on each side, just like the Les Paul headstocks.

Good point. Thanks.

Still no reply from seller. He only lives 3 miles from my house. I wondered if it had been sold and he hadn't removed the add.

I got a reply. He hasn't quoted the whole number but given me the 1st five characters : 02029 which if I understand the serial number info (here) properly is YDDDY so 02029 would check out as 2009.

He followed up with a 2nd message asking why I want to know. [confused]

Sounds like it's time for a test drive. Do you know what type of pickups the guitar has. Mine came with Classic 57's which IMHO are fantastic. I love my 335. By the way the Custom ES-335's come with a figured maple top. Let us know what you think after you play it.

Archived