Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Gibson I have a Flying V model request!

Wonker

Hey Gibson I have a Flying V model request!

I want a Flying V with P-90’s in it please!!! Check out this link

http://dominocs.com/AshBassGuitar/FlyingVP90s.html

That red V in the first 4 pictures of the write up is HAWT!!!!!! I know this won’t happen, I’ll just have to make one out of a used V but it would be nice if I could just buy it from you.

vp90full.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picking up a used V tomorrow. I'll be doing a P90 conversion on it in the very near future.

Cool is it something you’ve wanted to do for a while or was it this thread that sparked your interest?

Can you keep us informed of your project in this thread?

I haven’t found a used cherry V in good shape yet. +:-@

Got my Project guitar today...and I think I'm going to go with just a single P-90 in the bridge

went straight to the guitar shop to get the pickups...

suhr01.jpg

What kind of mounting hardware did your pickups come with? The tutorial is a little unclear about how to mount the pickups.

BTW: i've always been juggling the idea of buying an ebony V so that i can change it myself too, but i ( by i, i mean a pro, not me) would get fire painted coming from the bottom two "legs"?? or whatever they are called (sorry if its wrong) and obviously 57's put in!

Hmmmmmm.........I am digging the way that red V looks with the black hardware !

I was hooked as soon as I saw the pic. I'm setting my project up to kind of look like a “Flying V Jr.” would if Gibson made one back in the day.

I am using a Faded Red V with black pickguard & truss rod cover, a single P-90 “Hot Rodded” in the bridge and just a volume control. I’m about ½ done. I’ polishing up the faded finish then may clear coat it but I haven’t made my mind up about that just yet.

It's waaaayyyyyyyy cheaper to mod a used Gibson than to pay out the nose for a new one. I vote for what you did amigo ... Looks like you're in business now, and I just bet you end up spending less that what a new V costs! What style do you play through those P90s?

It's waaaayyyyyyyy cheaper to mod a used Gibson than to pay out the nose for a new one. I vote for what you did amigo ... Looks like you're in business now' date=' and I just bet you end up spending less that what a new V costs! What style do you play through those P90s?[/quote']

Yep...I don't think I'll ever buy a new Gibson again, unless it's a new model I can't live without.

The Used Gibson V Body was $400

Custom Pickguard was $42

Truss rod cover was $18

The pickup was free from a friend and all the supporting hardware I had around the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived