Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Gibson I have a Flying V model request!

Wonker

Hey Gibson I have a Flying V model request!

I want a Flying V with P-90’s in it please!!! Check out this link

http://dominocs.com/AshBassGuitar/FlyingVP90s.html

That red V in the first 4 pictures of the write up is HAWT!!!!!! I know this won’t happen, I’ll just have to make one out of a used V but it would be nice if I could just buy it from you.

vp90full.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picking up a used V tomorrow. I'll be doing a P90 conversion on it in the very near future.

Cool is it something you’ve wanted to do for a while or was it this thread that sparked your interest?

Can you keep us informed of your project in this thread?

I haven’t found a used cherry V in good shape yet. +:-@

Got my Project guitar today...and I think I'm going to go with just a single P-90 in the bridge

went straight to the guitar shop to get the pickups...

suhr01.jpg

What kind of mounting hardware did your pickups come with? The tutorial is a little unclear about how to mount the pickups.

Hmmmmmm.........I am digging the way that red V looks with the black hardware !

I was hooked as soon as I saw the pic. I'm setting my project up to kind of look like a “Flying V Jr.” would if Gibson made one back in the day.

I am using a Faded Red V with black pickguard & truss rod cover, a single P-90 “Hot Rodded” in the bridge and just a volume control. I’m about ½ done. I’ polishing up the faded finish then may clear coat it but I haven’t made my mind up about that just yet.

It's waaaayyyyyyyy cheaper to mod a used Gibson than to pay out the nose for a new one. I vote for what you did amigo ... Looks like you're in business now, and I just bet you end up spending less that what a new V costs! What style do you play through those P90s?

It's waaaayyyyyyyy cheaper to mod a used Gibson than to pay out the nose for a new one. I vote for what you did amigo ... Looks like you're in business now' date=' and I just bet you end up spending less that what a new V costs! What style do you play through those P90s?[/quote']

Yep...I don't think I'll ever buy a new Gibson again, unless it's a new model I can't live without.

The Used Gibson V Body was $400

Custom Pickguard was $42

Truss rod cover was $18

The pickup was free from a friend and all the supporting hardware I had around the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived