Gibson Brands Forums

Some of the best pickin' I've ever seen....

saturn

As I stated in an earlier thread, I attended Delfest this weekend. It's named for the great Del McCoury, who played many times at the fest.

I unfortunately (very unfortunately) had to miss Government Mule. But some of the other big names I got to see were Trey Anastasio, Bella Fleck, Railroad Earth and Dierks Bently. Plus there were countless other artists I hadn't heard of. They were all unbelievably awesome!

It was stringed instrument heaven. Guitar, banjo, bass, mandolin... my god I saw more "pickin" in one place than ever before. Every single artists I saw made my jaw drop.

Two of the acts I hadn't heard of, but will be following more in the future, were Cris Jacobs band (he's from Maryland so I should have heard of him) and appropriately named Billy . Strings!

Here they are jamming together during Billy Strings set yesterday. I didn't take this footage, but was right there. Not shown in this footage is Cris Jacobs' monster bass player! This guy was something else. Check them out more if you get a chance.

Looks like it was a great time Saturn. That's not really my style of music but those guys are shredding it up.

Yeah. I can't say I listen to bluegrass music much. I went from seeing Metallica a few weeks ago, to this! :rolleyes: I just went for the experience and to get away a little while.

We had to rough-it a little, but did have some comforts. It's nice not having to worry about driving once you arrive. [thumbup]

Our Fort

IMG_0321_zpsejwcoy4f.jpg

Some home-brew and other goodies. B)

IMG_0323_zpsuljrsojg.jpg

Here's some more of Cris Jacobs. If nothing else, at least watch at around 3:25 and dig this bass player! BTW, whoever posted this footage misspelled Cris.

Archived