Gibson Brands Forums

useful forum features

american cheez

i participate in a few other forums on various topics. across all of these i notice that some of them have a couple of features that i think would be really useful to folks here.

one of them is notifications when someone quotes one of your posts.

some folks here are pretty knowledgeable, and it would help them see when someone else may ask further questions. it's just generally useful to promote conversation if someone may need a little more nuance and clarity to a particular concept. and maybe encourage people to just respond faster to a post that may not be very active, but someone may require a little more understanding from it that what's already there. you wouldn't have to subscribe to the thread and see every time someone posts. just the posts that directly related to a post you made there.

Basically yes, but the prominently displayed "Watch Topic" button doesn't seem to work anymore. <_<

watch topic would notify you if anyone posted in the thread, what i'm talking about only notifies you if someone specifically quotes you. as i did clearly say in the o/p.

also, what do you mean the choices are skewed? yes, no or i dont care. how is that skewed?

what i'm talking about only notifies you if someone specifically quotes you. as i did clearly say in the o/p.

That's already available. I get email if anyone quotes me. I don't even have to "Watch Topic". It's under My Settings > Notification Options > Topics and Posts

That's already available. I get email if anyone quotes me. I don't even have to "Watch Topic". It's under My Settings > Notification Options > Topics and Posts

You've got mail!

rct

watch topic would notify you if anyone posted in the thread, what i'm talking about only notifies you if someone specifically quotes you. as i did clearly say in the o/p.

also, what do you mean the choices are skewed? yes, no or i dont care. how is that skewed?

Sorry, my reply was on Rabs' post which I quoted. I also said nothing about your choices, let alone they are skewed... Are you sure your reply was meant for me? [confused]

Archived