Gibson Brands Forums

Axl and Angus doing new AC/DC album

Rabs

Hmm.. Im not sure how I feel about this.. I know Brian has been seen doing some gigs not too long ago as he was given the all clear by his doctors... Yet, Angus is really all that's left of them.. I think they should call it a new band... But hey ho... Whatever.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/angus-young-writing-new-acdc-album-axl-rose-2270741

They'll be back (in black)

Guitar legend Angus Young is reportedly at work on a new AC/DC album with Axl Rose.

The Guns N’ Roses frontman has leant his services to the band as touring singer in recent years, after Brian Johnson was forced to retire from performing after suffering from hearing loss.

After reports emerged earlier this year that the partnership between Young and Rose would be set to continue, Rose Tattoo frontman Angry Anderson has confirmed that the pair are currently writing new material together.

“I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ‘n’ Roses, but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him ‘What are you going to do?’ and he said ‘Mate I’m writing a new album’,” he told The Rockpit.

“I thought ‘cool’ so I asked him who was in the band and he said ‘Axl’.”

Following the sad death of founder and guitarist Malcolm Young, as well as the departure of Johnson, Phil Rudd and Cliff Williams, Anderson lamented the absence of the original line-up – but celebrated that fans would soon be able to hear new AC/DC music.

“There are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there any more but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs,” he continued. “And in a sense we owe that to people, so really it’s a debt of gratitude and what we’re saying is you’ve stood by us, we’ll stand by you.

“So Angus, and let’s face it he doesn’t need the money, he acknowledges that there are still millions of people around the world that want to hear AC/DC songs played live. In the same way, though on a much lesser scale obviously there are plenty of people around the world who want to hear the songs that made Rose Tattoo famous. They want to hear those songs played live. And this is a line-up that can do that.”

This comes after AC/DC biographer Murray Engleheart told fans that Axl Rose would become a much more permanent fixture in the band.

In a Facebook post, he wrote: “Speculate all you want but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: AC/DC will continue with Axl on vocals – new album, touring, the whole nine yards.

“What was a massive gamble by Angus turned out to be an equally enormous triumph that has set the scene for the future.”

Guns N’ Roses are currently scheduled to finish touring in July 2018, when their Not In This Lifetime world tour wraps up in Sweden. Before it concludes, they will headline Download Festival at Leicestershire’s Donington Park on June 9.

Last summer, Young joined GN’R on stage in Germany. The iconic guitarist made the appearance in Hannover, where he helped the group cover his own band’s ‘Whole Lotta Rosie’.

I donno....

I think Axl actually did pretty well on their tour...

Angus thinks hes got more in him... Im willing to give it a chance.....

I just find it quite hard to imagine whats actually going to come out of that pairing.... It may even be quite interesting seeing what happens here. Of course it may also come out a complete train wreck...

So, the only original member is Angus? I wasn't aware that the others left until looking it up. Malcolm dead (knew that), Phil Rudd in all kinds of trouble, Cliff Williams retired, leaving Angus, Malcolm's and Angus' nephew on guitar and Axl. It's not just them, of course. How many original members need to be left for the band to continue? Allman Brothers? KISS? AC/DC? Judas Priest? Foreigner? Those and probably more than I can think of. Is it the same band if there's only 1 or 2 original members left? Certainly not the same sound.

I liked the albums with Bon Scott better. Powerage and If You Want Blood are my favorites. Back in Black and For Those About To Rock were mostly ok but I didn't like Brian's voice as much. I liked Appetite for Destruction at the time but didn't like any GNR past that and Axl's voice started grinding on my nerves as well. I wish them luck but this is sounding like yet another AC/DC album I'm not going to care much for.

Archived