Gibson Brands Forums

Hiding a 65 Gibson from the Wife

JuanCarlosVejar

Good story. Real “slice of life.” Several years ago I came to the conclusion that I’m not fooling my wife on my guitars. I might like to think I am, but I’m not. She knows I like guitars, especially Gibson’s and she’s very astute at getting-around the internet. I just hope that if I die before her that she doesn’t sell them for what I told her I paid for them. [scared]

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

The official count for the year:

My wife a Martin D12-28, Epiphone Broadway, and Kay 1/4 stand up bass

My daughter a banjo uke and an extremely heavy purple plexi something or the other electric (plus a Squire bass and Acoustic amp for X'mas)

Me one measly Gibson B45-12

Seems I have some catching up to do.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

The official count for the year:

My wife a Martin D12-28, Epiphone Broadway, and Kay 1/4 stand up bass

My daughter a banjo uke and an extremely heavy purple plexi something or the other electric (plus a Squire bass and Acoustic amp for X'mas)

Me one measly Gibson B45-12

Seems I have some catching up to do.

Step up your game.

That old 1960s era hang tag brings back memories. That '65 er has held up pretty well. They don't make them like that anymore. (Or do they ?!)

A great, great video. Thanks JCV. Wimberly is just a couple of hours up the road from here.

Some explanation of the 'my bucket has a hole in it, I can't get beer' line - back in the 40s and earlier I assume - you got draft beer for home consumption by bringing your bucket to the bar and carefully carrying it home. No fancy 'growlers'. And - usually you just sent a kid to go get the beer. From what my father told me of life in "Old Brooklyn".

Archived