Gibson Brands Forums

No Epiphones and Gibsons sold in stores??

Bluesoull

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok fender and gibson are 2 very good companies you can't fairly say one is better than the other they are 2 diffrent sounds it all depends on what sound you are going for and the reason you think fenders suck is because fender floods the market with there most profitable guitars; the low end models thus these are the models readily avalible. also the point about gibson being suited for a wide variety of genres and fender isnt is completly wrong. you can play anything and just about any instrument for example i have played slow blues with a classical guitar (there was nothing eltse around) i have also picked up an ibenez and played robert johnson tunes. anyway enough of that

yea my local music shop says they dont deal in gibsons because gibson is a stubborn company and they are too small to pay their fees

I wish Gibson made Epiphone the brand that it used to be and made them here in the USA, at least the Epiphone models that are original to the brand like the Broadway and the Emperor. They reissued the Wilshire that way, it might a sign of things to come.

Hey badjuju, how come you don't seem to own a Gibson at least going by the gear on your signature? no employee discount? man it is bad enough you don't get a Gibson hat.

I have 2... I'd rather have Gibsons' date=' but they do the job! I also have a Gibson..and yeah.. you can tell the difference.. but still, the Epi's do well! [/quote']

Of course they do! They are very good guitars... but I liked them more before prices went up [-X I used to have one of those "Vintage G-400" in satin brown... nice guitar, sounded great and felt just perfect...

So... any chance of you posting some pics of your guitars? Do they have names?

Welcome, bluesoull; I think you will enjoy yourself here as you clearly know how to look after yourself!

I've noticed a shake-up for the worse in the stock held by the major dealers in London so goodness knows the state of things in the rest of the UK.

I've been playing guitar since 1974' date=' and I have yet to play a Fender that I've wanted to buy..... They just don't feel right to me.....[/quote']

Although I started out along the Gibson-style-of-instrument route I was able to buy a pre-CBS Strat before the'Vintage Market' thing kicked off - I paid about $300.00 in 1979 - and was mainly a Fender chap for the next 25 years; I went through about a dozen and they all felt lovely. A couple of Gibsons came and went but the last Fender to go was that Strat. I loved it too much, so I sold it and bought my LP which is, in almost every respect, a far superior instrument.

After all that time with Fenders I am still in awe of the standard of recent Gibson craftsmanship.

As far as milod's allusion to 'Winnie' and his tome on the 'English Speaking Peoples'; he's absolutely right. Almost everyone here talks about Europe as if it were somewhere else. A good way to differentiate - should one feel so inclined - is to refer to the UK as 'Insular Europe' and the rest as 'Continental Europe'. I'm married to a Frog, er, a Lady from France (sorry about the lapse, Darling. JK.) so I have to be reminded of the 'Europe' thing frequently.....

Girl guitar players? When I was a kid the Hummingbird was THE girl's guitar but... well' date=' I'm kinda old, too and all of the girl guitar players I knew were folkies 'stedda rockers.

[/quote']

I think our new member is a woman, not a girl.

Not everybody names their guitar after women or at all. I don't vene call my guitars "her" even when my native language is Spanish. My guitars don't have a gender designation.

If ever name my guitars it would be something funny. My Explorer would be "Cap'n Crunch" for sure....

Archived