Gibson Brands Forums

BEGEARS REMOTE UNIT

Jim Wilson

I don't recall anyone here on the forum mentioning use of any wireless system, which makes sense. For the average Joe and most working musicians a wireless is just....well....senseless. Of what practical advantage is wireless for acoustic guitarists that are not playing on 2000 sq ft stages in 60,000+ seat arenas? Cool factor? "my rig is better than your rig 'cause I'm wireless." Not impressive. Who cares? For the $50 bucks they're asking for what is certainly in inferior product you could buy a sack full of guitar cords and be set for life.

Think of this response as your better angels giving you good advice.

I don't really use one when I do the acoustic solo stuff cuz I'm not usually moving. But if I'm with my band, I wouldn't leave home without. A cable is just a pita if you move around at all. and I generally move around quite a bit. I don't stand right at the mic all night, plus I double on Keys so not having a cable to tie me down comes in real handy.

Actually, I really don't know who he is. But what I'm really interested in is this remote system.

Angus Young is the lead guitarist for AC/DC.

Conversely, I know nothing the wireless system he's endorsing. I can give high marks for the Line 6 G30 tho

I don't recall anyone here on the forum mentioning use of any wireless system, which makes sense. For the average Joe and most working musicians a wireless is just....well....senseless. Of what practical advantage is wireless for acoustic guitarists that are not playing on 2000 sq ft stages in 60,000+ seat arenas? Cool factor? "my rig is better than your rig 'cause I'm wireless." Not impressive. Who cares? For the $50 bucks they're asking for what is certainly in inferior product you could buy a sack full of guitar cords and be set for life.

Think of this response as your better angels giving you good advice.

Wow, Buc! Sort of elected yourself to speak for everyone, haven't you? My question was if anyone had any experience with the unit. Your answer could have just been "No".

Just go get one Jim. They work great and the reality of not having a cabel to snag up things or step on is a big deal to me.

Check battery life if u can. That's probably the biggest side issue.

The g30 uses double As and the battery life is pretty good. Not sure about the one u are interested in. As I say. I am not familiar with those. There's many to choose from these days. Good luck.

Archived