Gibson Brands Forums

DistroKid

glp2012

So I finally finished my album and wanted to get it electronically distributed. I looked at quite a few digital distribution companies and decide to go with DistroKid. Of course, I was hesitant, because I had never heard of them and there are other larger players in this arena. However, after reading a few reviews, I decided to take a chance.

I initially set up my account, submitted my album and artwork on Thursday, August 30th 2018 and my album (as of Sunday, September 2, 2018) is now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Napster, and a few other streaming service I had not heard of. I was able to search for my band name and find my album immediately on iTunes and Spotify.

Distrokid provides constant updates as to the status of your submission (both music and artwork) and when you music has been released to the digital market. I contacted them through email on Friday, and they responded on Saturday - twice!

Extremely fast to market, easy to use and inexpensive, Distrokid worked for me. If you are looking for digital distribution to some of the major markets, I would highly recommend DistroKid.

As a disclaimer, I do not work for DistroKid or have any affiliation with them (unless you PM me and want a "friend" link. Then they will give me $5 as a referral bonus! \:D/ )

Just an update...DistroKid also made my album available on YouTube. All of the individual tracks have their own link. I didn't expect any of this to work, but everything they promised seems to be true.

If you are looking for digital distribution, DistroKid was fast and easy.

So, to recap, within five days my album has been placed on Google Play, iTunes (Apple Music), Spotify, Napster, YouTube and a handful of other digital media sites. I can go to these sites, type in my album and/or band name, and find the album. Nice!

So I finally finished my album and wanted to get it electronically distributed. I looked at quite a few digital distribution companies and decide to go with DistroKid. Of course, I was hesitant, because I had never heard of them and there are other larger players in this arena. However, after reading a few reviews, I decided to take a chance.

I initially set up my account, submitted my album and artwork on Thursday, August 30th 2018 and my album (as of Sunday, September 2, 2018) is now available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Napster, and a few other streaming service I had not heard of. I was able to search for my band name and find my album immediately on iTunes and Spotify.

Distrokid provides constant updates as to the status of your submission (both music and artwork) and when you music has been released to the digital market. I contacted them through email on Friday, and they responded on Saturday - twice!

Extremely fast to market, easy to use and inexpensive, Distrokid worked for me. If you are looking for digital distribution to some of the major markets, I would highly recommend DistroKid.

As a disclaimer, I do not work for DistroKid or have any affiliation with them (unless you PM me and want a "friend" link. Then they will give me $5 as a referral bonus! \:D/ )

What do they charge? Sounds nifty.

OK, it's $19.99 for a year. Of course, they also offer a bunch of "upsell" items. If you selected them all, it would cost about $100 for a year. I went with the $19.95 plan and still got all the stuff I listed above.

As an aside, my album is now available on Amazon. The problem is that it is not available on their streaming service. According to DistroKid, Amazon determines if they want it in Prime or Unlimited music. I'm going to see how I can get it placed with their streaming service. I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, it's $19.99 for a year. Of course, they also offer a bunch of "upsell" items. If you selected them all, it would cost about $100 for a year. I went with the $19.95 plan and still got all the stuff I listed above.

As an aside, my album is now available on Amazon. The problem is that it is not available on their streaming service. According to DistroKid, Amazon determines if they want it in Prime or Unlimited music. I'm going to see how I can get it placed with their streaming service. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cool. I/we could hopefully use a service like that in the future.

Happy to know that it works for you.

For me a bit of a different story :(

They reject our cd cover (and it is an original we owns it, and it is a 3000X3000 as requested), with not specific reason, just a list of potential reasons :

----------

Additional detail:

Artwork appears to be oddly cropped. Stores require that artwork be 3000x3000 pixels and perfectly square. Artwork must fill the entire area.

----------

Stores approve almost all artwork, unless it contains...

URLs (web addresses)

Twitter/Facebook usernames

Logos of stores

Nudity

Gross stuff

Prices

Duplicate art (using the same art for different releases)

References to physical media (example: "CD" or "Compact Disc")

Blurry, pixelated, rotated, or otherwise extreme poor quality art

Archived