Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby/Vibrola.

LarryUK

Friends don't let friends Beegsbee.

rct

At the risk of being the contrarian, I must disagree. I have 4 guitars with Bigsby's. Two came like that and 2 I added. I've had zero tuning issues (I OO NOT dive bomb, but use them for subtle effects only), and string changes take "maybe" five minutes more than a stop bridge guitar. I like having the option of using it or not, and (my opinion only) they look b itchin", so the issue is...???

Edit: sorry I didn't answer the OP's question.

Edited by Dennis G
  • Upvote 3

At the risk of being the contrarian, I must disagree. I have 4 guitars with Bigsby's. Two came like that and 2 I added. I've had zero tuning issues (I OO NOT dive bomb, but use them for subtle effects only), and string changes take "maybe" five minutes more than a stop bridge guitar. I like having the option of using it or not, and (my opinion only) they look b itchin", so the issue is...???

When I was a kid they were awful. Strats only marginally "better". Later on, Floyds were dreadful. I rarely screw the bar on any Strat and have only owned two Floyds, hated both.

rct

• Upvote 1

Had anyone fitted a Vibrola arm to a Bigsby? I can't get a Chet Atkins arm at a decent price here in the UK.

The walrus **** vibrola arm is probably the worst design ever.

But it may fit provided the nut fits inside the bisgsby spring. But it may be difficult the set arm tension and nearly impossible to control arm angle.

I’m not super impressed by the Chet Atkins arm, but it’s better than a strat arm. They are never available for a decent price anywhere.

The flat bigsby arm is my favorite.

I love Floyd’s and Bigsby’s. Hate strat “tremolos”. Kinda unimpressed with maestro vibrolas.

20190429-203444-2.jpg

20190429-204625-2.jpg

20190428-211738-2.jpg