Gibson Brands Forums

Its Bob Dylan's Birthday, Today

QuestionMark

Today (May 24th) is Bob Dylan's birthday.    In tribute, here's a clip of me performing "Like a Rolling Stone" at a gig.  The clip is about 5 years old.  I'm playing my 2006 Gibson Custom Shop J-45 Reissue.  Normally, at my gigs I perform 90% instrumental finger picking melodic music.  But, at each gig, I do about 10% of vocal music to change the pace.  My version of Rolling Stone was part of that 10% at that gig.  Someone else took the video.  I think I may have been using a chorus pedal on my guitar that day to rock things up a bit.

Here's a URL to me doing "Like a Rolling Stone",  Hope pasting a URL link to YouTube works on this new forum.

"Jazzman" Jeff Performing "Like a Rolling Stone"

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark
Trying to get the URL to be hotspotted to work.

I just located the pedal I was using in my music room.  It was  a Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus pedal.   I don’t recall that I was using any reverb on the Ultrasound amp I was using at the time, although it does have a reverb setting.  I do recall at the gig that besides the building across the street behind the Gazebo stage I was playing on, there was an ice cream store in the audience seating area in front of me, and thinking as I was playing it was creating a natural cavern echo-like effect a bit.  So, likely the sound captured on the video was a combination of the chorus pedal, my amp being turned up,, the sound system (which wasn’t mine at that gig), and the natural outdoor reverb of the music bouncing off the buildings.  (And, me rockin’😄 in tribute to a great Bob Dylan song.!)

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Hey, I liked that version. Very cool sound on the guitar too.

With regards to Dylan's birthday, here is how Jason Isbell put it this morning.

”Happy birthday to Bob Dylan, the Bob Dylan of songwriting”

Lars

Edited by Lars68