Gibson Brands Forums

Best ampli quality/price with 100€ budget ?

bisco

If my exchange rate is anywhere near correct 100 Euros is about $112 US.  You can't buy a good amplifier for that.  You could find some used ones in that price range, but they probably all have a major flaw and won't sound very good.  A LP deserves a good amplifier.  Rather than buy a bad amp in that price range exercise some restraint and save up more money to get something worthwhile.

I recall when I bought my first electric guitar when I was about 15 years old, I had to compromise on the guitar so I could also afford a decent used amp to go with it and keep everything within my budget.  In the meantime just work on your chops without an amp and by the time you save up for a good one you'll be a better player.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

If my exchange rate is anywhere near correct 100 Euros is about $112 US.  You can't buy a good amplifier for that.  You could find some used ones in that price range, but they probably all have a major flaw and won't sound very good.  A LP deserves a good amplifier.  Rather than buy a bad amp in that price range exercise some restraint and save up more money to get something worthwhile.

I recall when I bought my first electric guitar when I was about 15 years old, I had to compromise on the guitar so I could also afford a decent used amp to go with it and keep everything within my budget.  In the meantime just work on your chops without an amp and by the time you save up for a good one you'll be a better player.

That's good advice!   🙂 

Save up and get a decent amp for the LP.   In the long run, you'll be glad that you did.  😎

5 hours ago, bisco said:

Yes, at home for pratice

You didn't say so, but it sounds like maybe you're just starting out.  If that's the case you don't need a particularly loud amp.  The Vox you mentioned doesn't sound too bad for a tiny little amp (on the Tube).  I've never played one.  I did have a Blackstar ID:core 40 for a  while which is a solid state modeling amp.  I thought it sounded pretty good.  They make a 10w version that is $109 USD.  For bedroom practice as a beginner, that or the Vox are probably about as good as you can do for that price.

Saving up for something better is never a bad idea, but you may not really need anything better for a while, and having an amp to plug into may inspire you to  play more.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1